#781978 by tiggerlees
11 Jun 2011, 06:17
Hi all, this is my first ever post, please be polite. It`s probably all been said before, but I can`t find recent information. We`re travelling Easter 2012, Manchester to Orlando 3 weeks, 4 adults (kids are 13 so we`ll have to pay adult price for tickets) I`ve been reading about one of the UK ticket sales going bust, and it has scared the Mickey out of us. We want "at least" 2 weeks pass for all parks, don`t mind if we have to stagger them to get a full 3 weeks fun (most end after 14 days)so thought it may be best to buy 2 weeks Disney + 2 weeks Universal, and trigger one later than the other. We also want to go to Discovery Cove and swim with dolphins. Security is all important when we`re going to be paying out over £2000 online. We`ve planned to pay by credit card for a little more security, but don`t want to get over there and find tickets not valid. You guys have probably done it many times, who do you recommend for a good deal and security on tickets. Thanks in advance for any replies.
#782003 by mallin
11 Jun 2011, 10:23
Hi and welcome, Lots of people on this site have been to Florida many times. As long as you pay on your credit card you will be covered if any company goes bust.(thats looking at the worst case). There are so many ticket dealers those already mentioned are fine, we went to Discovery Cove 3 years ago and it was amazing you will absolutely love it, they only let 1,000 people in per day so it doesn't get that crowded, go for the zip up sleevless suits much better to move in, instead of the full body ones very hot and restrictive. Do remember once you active your tickets they are only valid for 14days but you can go as many times in a day as you can manage. We went back for the evening fireworks the same day at Disney. Any other info just post there are many knowledgeable people on this site.
Have a wonderful time, if you can get to Cape Canaveral its worth the money and it does fill a day. Kind regards linda
#782005 by Luke085
11 Jun 2011, 10:29
Hello and welcome!

Another vote for Attraction tickets direct, I've used them many times and received an excellent service, with great reliability.

My recommendation for 3 weeks would be the Orlando Freedom pass, which allows access to all the major parks on an unlimited basis. The pass actually comes with 3 sepertate physical tickets, 1 Disney, 1 universal and 1 sea world/busch gardens. Each ticket is valid 14 days and start from first use, with some careful planning it means you can overlap the ticket start dates to ensure you have park access for the full 3 weeks.

http://www.attraction-tickets-direct.co ... ticket.htm

Discovery Cove is worth every penny and I've always had the best deals booking direct with them! My advice is get there very early "
#782008 by Tinkerbelle
11 Jun 2011, 10:41
After nothing but glowing reports on The Dibb, I buy all my tickets from

www.orlandoattractions.com

They were certainly the cheapest around for certain tickets, no credit card fee, free postage if buying Disney tickets and what I liked the most was that I was sent a real ticket so I could go straight into the parks and not have to go and exchange a voucher.

I used them again recently and got great service again. :)
#782013 by Neil
11 Jun 2011, 11:15
I have personally used all the companies listed by others without any issues at all. I personally find undercovertourist the best, but all are fine.

Just thinking about your trip, if you are there for three weeks have you thought about an annual pass? Certainly for Disney anyway. Not sure if you are staying onside or not, or driving, but with parking being $14 per day, yet free if you have an annual pass, that saving alone can be huge. You also get discount in the parks on merchandise (10%) and discount at some food places. Even if only one of your party got one it could offer a saving, worth doing the math at least, (you need to buy annual passes direct from Disney)

For Universal tickets, have a look on Viator, they usually are as cheap as anywhere on the 2 park/14 day ticket and just a quick Google will find you a discount code for at least another 7% off.

Thanks,
Neil

Neil
#782016 by Luke085
11 Jun 2011, 11:34
Just adding to Neil's post - we're currently in the process of getting annual passess again for all the parks. It is a cost effective way of doing things, as long as you go for roughly 4 weeks over the year.

We're doing 3 weeks in September and even with all the free parking, discounts on food and merchandise etc it would still be cheaper to buy the freedom pass BUT...because we're also going in January, it works out much much cheaper and very worthwhile.

Just holding out for the dollar rate to further improve before purchasing direct from the park websites.
#782046 by AlecK
11 Jun 2011, 15:25
If you have or are getting an annual pass to WDW take a look also at the Tables In Wonderland restaurant discount card.

http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/wdw/dining/diningexp.html

It costs $75 but you get 20% discount on almost all table service restaurants in WDW. It even includes alcohol. An 18% gratuity is added but as you should be paying a tip anyway it's still a great money saver.
#782047 by tiggerlees
11 Jun 2011, 15:33
WOW! I`d never heard of undercover tourist. Orlando attractions and Attraction tickets direct have been the main ones that crop up on google. I didn`t know that the Freedom Pass comes as 3 individual tickets - that would be superb as that was the idea, Disney 1st week, Disney & Universal 2nd, then Universal & Discovery Cove 3rd. But we thought we were going to have to buy all tickets separate to make them last. We don`t have a car while we`re there, as it`s our first time, thought it best to sink in & hubby nearly had heart failure in Majorca when the taxi went the "wrong" way around the island.
Thanks so much for all your information. We`re staying at Fairfield by Marriott, Canada Ave. Hopefully quiet enough to sleep, close enough to enjoy the fun.
#782131 by tiggerlees
12 Jun 2011, 05:22
Checked Undercover tourist, they only do 10 days tickets or WDW 14/21 days,(2011) we`re aiming more for the Universal & Disney tickets pass to occupy us for the full 21 days(2012). I`ve been on TheDibb for info, pretty much the same, gonna have to sit down and plan the full holiday and sort it all out. Thanks all.
#806822 by floridafreak
03 Apr 2012, 19:17
Tinkerbelle wrote:After nothing but glowing reports on The Dibb, I buy all my tickets from

http://www.orlandoattractions.com

They were certainly the cheapest around for certain tickets, no credit card fee, free postage if buying Disney tickets and what I liked the most was that I was sent a real ticket so I could go straight into the parks and not have to go and exchange a voucher.

I used them again recently and got great service again. :)

Will second that. Recently dealt with a manager at Orlando Attractions called Simon in their Ascot office, really good deal and very fast. Undercover also reliable.
#866880 by NewFlier
20 Feb 2014, 12:50
Luke085 wrote:Another vote for Attraction tickets direct, I've used them many times and received an excellent service, with great reliability.

My recommendation for 3 weeks would be the Orlando Freedom pass, which allows access to all the major parks on an unlimited basis. The pass actually comes with 3 sepertate physical tickets, 1 Disney, 1 universal and 1 sea world/busch gardens. Each ticket is valid 14 days and start from first use, with some careful planning it means you can overlap the ticket start dates to ensure you have park access for the full 3 weeks.

This looks like what I'm looking for so I can do whatever, whenever over the two weeks I'll be there.

However it does say:
"Unlimited access to SeaWorld® Orlando, Aquatica™ and Busch Gardens® Tampa Bay for up to 14 consecutive days."

I guess this means you cannot visit these parks on day one, then day 7, then day 10 and 11? You have to go on day 4, 5, 6?
#866911 by CHill710
21 Feb 2014, 12:41
NewFlier wrote:
Luke085 wrote:Another vote for Attraction tickets direct, I've used them many times and received an excellent service, with great reliability.

This looks like what I'm looking for so I can do whatever, whenever over the two weeks I'll be there.

However it does say:
"Unlimited access to SeaWorld® Orlando, Aquatica™ and Busch Gardens® Tampa Bay for up to 14 consecutive days."

I guess this means you cannot visit these parks on day one, then day 7, then day 10 and 11? You have to go on day 4, 5, 6?

The 14 days is a 2 week period when your ticket is valid. You can go on any day in those 2 weeks so days 1,7,10 and 11 are ok
Virgin Atlantic