#239384 by mcuth
13 Dec 2005, 00:39
Decker, Buns & I met up in the early afternoon outside the HP Domestic check-in area. It was very quiet, in fact, I don't think there was a soul in the queue. A nice easy check-in for Buns & I - travelling on an e-ticket, we got to use the self-service kiosks (managed to snag exit row seats too [:D]) while Decker had to use the normal desks.

Courtesy of a combination of Centurion/Priority Pass (& guest), we went into the Continental Presidents Club lounge for pre-flight drinkies. We made our way straight to the bar, where we met a barmaid originally from England, but had lived over in the US for donkeys years. She was a good laugh, and the service was excellent. The Presidents Club seemed fairly compact, but it was nicely done out and the drinks didn't stop flowing.

After having our fill there, and with ~30 mins to departure, we headed out to the TSA checkpoint. Despite being a shoe carnival, we were through pretty quickly and soon off to the gate (can't remember what the gate number was though). It was a typical 'boarding by zone' flight, and I think Buns & I were in the last zone. Still, knowing we'd secured exit row seats, this wasn't too much of a problem [:)] We even had time to get the gate agent to associate our FC numbers with the booking [y]

I'm afraid I was a particularly useless planespotter - I don't remember the plane model, or catch the reg as we boarded, but hell, it was taking us to Vegas baby, yeah! [:D]

The plane was kitted out in a 3-3 formation down the back (2-2 in 1st class) - Buns & made it to our exit row seats (B-C, no A seat next to the exit), with Decker a couple of rows in front, sat in the window of the D-E-F side. Seats were comfy, and the legroom was pretty much ok. The pushback & takeoff are pretty much a blur, and contrary to my usual observant self, I couldn't tell you if were on time or what [:I]

I do remember the flight being good though - not too much turbulence, and a very nice G&T for $5 (it needed to be [:0]). The view of LAS by night as you descend is spectacular [y] Think we were on time, and after the trek to the baggage hall, we had to wait a short while for our luggage. Decker's limo was waiting for us, and we were soon on our way to the Strat for the evening's entertainment [:)]

Hmmm, I'm sure Buns & Decker will put me right if I remembered anything incorrectly [:D]

Cheers

Michael