#239619 by mcmbenjamin
01 Jan 2006, 16:54
UA936 ORD-IAD 30DEC2005 (International Business)

Aircraft: B767-300 w/ International Three-Class Layout
ORD-IAD
30DEC2005

Flying standby has its benefits. Normally there is no penalty if you do not show so change your plans and normally you get to sit in First or Business if there is a seat. (not on BA or VS, normally, as PE is the highest on VS and NCW on BA, unless you know the staff)

So my employers flights were full which is a good thing overall but bad for me.

I checked EF and saw UA was pretty empty so I thought I would give them a go. Gate agent gave me a boarding pass and it was in Business, Nice #61514;

As this is a short flight, I was thinking that the service would be drink and snack. Not that case, maybe because the flight continues to ZRH.

There was a nice blanket and pillow on my seat. Right after I sat down the FA brought me a glass of water. Cool.

After take off, drinks began, served off of a tray with various nuts, not warmed but . . .

I thought that was that and was happy to watch the flight on the personal IFE and listen to ATC on ch. 9 but then meal service began.

It was a chicken stuffed with garlic, basil, and cheese, cold with a side of grapes, honey dew, melon, and apple slices. Also there was a roll, and Walker Chocolate Chip shortbread. Wine was offered but could not as the type of travel I was using and FAA rules on this type of travel.

The FAs were coming up and down the aisle to fill wine/water/soda glass all the time.

Really was a great flight and because it was a great flight, I bought two returns on them. Good does go around #61514;