#241808 by AerJohn
01 Apr 2006, 00:42
We arrived nice and early after comming back from a some waht successful day at the VS final at Manor House. Check in was easy and used the Kiosks again. Got seats 3b and 3c.

Grabbed something to eat and then went through security which was painless. Went down toward the gate which was gates 82-90.

No sign of the plane down at the gates. 30 mins before the flight was ment to leave, i saw on the monitors that the flight was delayed and hour[n].

Watched a bit of BBC news24 and then did a bit of plane spotting. Saw a VS 343 taxi by which didn't have UCS, problary off to India[;)]. I also saw an air canada 767 take off just after 9 which i thought was unsual[?].

Our plane, an a320 EI-DEF came in an hour late. Once boarding was announced, the scrum begain. we waited till the line was small. Once we got on i noticed that there was no pilot or 1st officer. I then noticed that an EI a321 had pulled in next to us. Soon after this the crew from that flight came aboard our plane.

We were soon on our way an hour and half late down the runway. The crew started their service. I had recognised one of the crew and knew that she was the worst of a bad lot[n]. She seemed more interested in a gold circle member in 2F and even went as far as giving him a free bar and coffee[:(!]. After trying to grab her attention to try and purchase a can of 7up, she just seemed to ignore me and went halfway down the cabin. After finally grabbing her attention and asking for my drink, she came back with a warm can and a plastic cup with no ice (even though everyone else was getting ice). At this stage i'm thinking that she must have something against me[:p].

We made our apporach into ORK over the city with my ears going mad again. Is it me or the airbus cabin pressure?. We landed on Runway 17 at 00.30 and did our 180 turn back down the runway to a fairly full ramp, 2 EI 320's, a coulpe of RE ATR's, a Ryanair 738 with winglets and a czech and malave 737. The clubs came off pritty quick and we were on our way home soon enough. After all this we finally got home at 01.30 tired and recked.