#262456 by gingerflyer
25 Feb 2010, 22:38
After the very quick drive out to T5, it was time to pick up those lovely thin paper boarding cards and off to security. They were swabbing mobile phones before the security check....but only of those passengers using the 'fast track lane'. Security was slow, even for fast track - I think having to use the boxes for everything does slow things down.

Then it was off to the Galleries First lounge as I was travelling with a Gold Member. The lounge is very large, especially as really the only people will be BA Exec Gold (and similar One World passengers), as any proper first will be in the Concorde Room. It was not bad, but fairly busy. There was a small selection of food to order and a more extensive range of stuff out for self-service. Some of this did look like it had been there for a while.....I actually missed the curry that you normally get in the Club Galleries!

Flight came up as 'go to gate' and as a domestic service, it was at the other end of T5....the usual hike! Boarding started a bit late, and not all the photograph stations seemed to be working well. We had row 1, so it was quickly into our seats and settle down before push back.

Take off was fairly quick as we were taking off in an easterly direction, so not far to taxi from T5. Once in the air, it was the usual drinks and bird seed/cookie service. I had a coffee - I see that they have really reduced the size of the cups.

Quick flight up to Edinburgh - managed to get quite a bit of work done, and very soon it was time to land in Edinburgh.

Flight was fine, although a little disappointed by the Galleries First lounge - nothing that special really.