#85371 by McCoy
22 Nov 2005, 22:36
A cruise??!! Yuck, Spit. I'd rather go RTW in Y, in a middle seat, surrounded by persons of large build and dubious personal hygiene care.

(Thanks for the thought though....)
#85377 by Scrooge
22 Nov 2005, 23:42
Originally posted by McCoy
A cruise??!! Yuck, Spit. I'd rather go RTW in Y, in a middle seat, surrounded by persons of large build and dubious personal hygiene care.

(Thanks for the thought though....)

Ok,a little strong,but im never one to say hold back your feelings :D
#85381 by McCoy
22 Nov 2005, 23:52
[:#]:D

Have you ever been on a cruise? It's hideous.. Butlins on the water, and you can't escape!!
#85382 by Littlejohn
23 Nov 2005, 00:02
Um, yes I think he has, once or twice. But if you have something to say, I wish you would say it and not beat around the bush ;)
#85385 by Scrooge
23 Nov 2005, 00:17
Hi Jim,yes i've been on a cruise,at last count 34 I think.
Which cruise lines have you traveled with.

I wouldn't call crystal,radisson or silversea a Butlins trip.If you've been on isand then yes you could say it's a Butlins holiday.

For me/us I love the fact that I get to kick back on the balcony and relax,watch the sea go by and read a good book,pick up the phone and the butler drops of a beer and a sandwich.

Wake up the next day in a different port with different scenes.

Yes I guess you could say taking a cruise is kind of like going to Butlins,you get to meet new people and make new friends.

The wife loves the spa's and the fact that we don't have to worry about anything,pick up the phone and it's all taken care off.

The food is good,in some cases great even on the main stream lines like Carnival,RCCL and Princess (which IMHO if the ship your on has the Italian resturant try the lasagna,it is probably the best in the world)and they also have the deluxe resturants which for a small fee $10-$30 you will have a 5 star meal.

But what it comes down to is that there are different types of vacations for everyone,while jumpingout of a plane isn't my idea of fun,some people lunatic love it,the same can be said for Disney World or Butlins,you find what you enjoy and you keep doing it.
#85434 by jaguarpig
23 Nov 2005, 14:51
silversea

ummmmm Silversea (Homer slobber) one day:D
Virgin Atlantic