Don your anorak and get technical about airplanes.
#832252 by stevebrass
11 Dec 2012, 13:42
And here's me thinking that aviation was a serious business!
#832255 by Silver Surfer
11 Dec 2012, 13:56
Willie Walsh should focus more on his own company and try a bit harder to fix the financial woes of Iberia.
As far as him not respecting Richard Branson, I imagine the feeling is mutual.
SRB, with VS, has had a huge impact on the airline industry, forcing many carriers (especially BA) to improve their levels of service.
I hope Virgin Atlantic is still around 50 years from now!

y)
#832258 by slinky09
11 Dec 2012, 14:21
I take a more balanced view, for example VS has also probably cost BA dear in challenging every decision say around BMI when it was plain that VS did not want it. So WW has every right to have his opinion. As does VS. But yes, I disagree with VS for the reasons stated above, and "don't throw stones when you live in glass greenhouses" comes to mind. I do suspect that DL / VS in a joint venture could be a competitive threat to BA's JV with AA on what is the world's most lucrative traffic, so perhaps WW is considering that in his petulant outburst! That said, he should sort out his own house first.
#832345 by allymc316
12 Dec 2012, 11:33
Look, since we are all caring and considerate people and since their is a recession on, how about we organize some sort of fundraising event?

Now hear me out before you dismiss me, I honestly think between us all, we can gather enough funds to purchase a pair of steel toe cap boots for SRB, so he can kick Walsh square in the nuts and make the world a better place.

I know I would be willing to.

:D

TAKE THE BET! TAKE THE BET!
Virgin Atlantic