This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#932999 by dickydotcom
24 Feb 2017, 08:03
Arrived here about 6.45 and we are the first and currently only customers.
Love the new look and have found a couple of high back chairs to relax in.
Breakfast ordered and in an hour or two will try a redhead with my second breakfast.
Security was quite straight forward, but signage from there to the lounges not good.
At one point we seemed to be directed up stairs only to have to go back down.
Breakfast has arrived so I'm signing off for now.
Dick D
#933000 by CHill710
24 Feb 2017, 08:21
Waves back from the No.1 at LHR.
#933002 by David
24 Feb 2017, 08:29
Hope both of you have an enjoyable trip across the pond. DickyD, enjoy the new clubhouse, I look forward to your thoughts compared to the previous one

David
#933003 by marshy11
24 Feb 2017, 08:32
Waves to both of you from Cathay Pacific lounge at T3. Safe onward travels all.
#933004 by dickydotcom
24 Feb 2017, 08:41
David wrote:Hope both of you have an enjoyable trip across the pond. DickyD, enjoy the new clubhouse, I look forward to your thoughts compared to the previous one

David

The first point is that it is all new, crisp and clean so that is a great bonus.
We don't do spa treatments so cant comment on that aspect. I cant bear the thought of a stray hair down my back for the duration of the flight.
Food and service is great but it is still very quiet although filling up a bit now.
We will see how service is in an hour when I have my second breakfast.
It has reasonable views of the runway.
The old CH had a quiet area off to the right which I enjoyed. The new one is all open plan. Mrs D initially found a couple of seats she liked until I pointed out it was next to a pool table and could get a bit noisy.
I'll post a few pictures when I do our TR at the weekend.

Dick D
#933005 by hiljil
24 Feb 2017, 08:48
Waves back to all of you in airport lounges !!

Hope you all enjoy your pampering in the lounges & then have great flights. Bet you are glad you aren't waiting to take off in Storm Doris :-O
#933010 by buns
24 Feb 2017, 10:29
Dicky D

Hope you have found that quiet spot - Mrs B and I always went for the same spot as you in the old place, so will be interested to see where you end up!!

I imagine the staff have now settled into the new routine and are looking after you splendidly - enjoy all the Clubhouse has to offer and have a great flight

buns

(PS only a week and abit before we get there ;-) )
#933026 by tomthumb
24 Feb 2017, 19:28
Have a great trip and break
#933028 by Hev60
24 Feb 2017, 21:29
Hi DickyD

Enjoy your trip to South Carolina. Hope the weather is kind to you but not sure it's going to reach those temperatures we were luckily enough to experience last year :cool:

Hope your flight was good and the journey up from Orlando will be okay.

Have a brilliant & relaxing holiday, Hev
Virgin Atlantic