This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#940123 by joeyc
09 Dec 2017, 10:41
Good morning v-flyers,

I am sure that my colourful rants have been missed and every time I fly I do promise myself that I’ll post up a TR or at least a howdy from the lounge every once in a while.... alas no, time conspires against me.

Howdy from the LHR CH where I am awaiting breakfast reflecting upon the bizarre series of events that lead me to be sitting here.

I was supposed to be on the VS11 .... which the gods of fate saw fit to cancel on me in an email at 0330 this morning. What a thing to be dealing with, but never fear, they rebooked me onto BA leaving later ;-(

Call me suspicious, and a tad peeved, but I checked the booking in the VS app and found I was actually booked on VS and DL via JFK leaving at 1130 .... Lucky I live 15 mins from the airport and have a good relationship with my car service then isn’t it..

And so here I am. I will draft out a TR about this already eventful trip, dealers bet as to whether or not I post it :-P

Have a great weekend V-Flyers :cool:
#940124 by TimCrawley
09 Dec 2017, 13:52
Wor, that's a last moment change x 2 - lucky that you were on the ball and spotted the 2nd swap.

Enjoy the trip and hope the return is less 'changeable' !
#940142 by joeyc
10 Dec 2017, 20:41
Ended up with an over 6hr delay coming out of Kennedy. Sat on the tarmac for most of that..

Might have been shorter, but DoT regs mandate they had to return to the gate when approaching hour number 3 to give people the option to get off. About half the pax did, but I was determined to get to BOS.

Got to the hotel in Boston a little after 0300 local - VERY long day :-O