This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#940144 by claire21
10 Dec 2017, 23:50
Dear all,

Would really appreciate if someone could tel me how full UC is on the DEL-LHR route on the 16th of April. Really want to upgrade myself and my son to UC, but I have been ringing and told there are no reward seats. I am assuming I will have to turn up on the day and fingers crossed there will be seats I can upgrade into..... I can not believe the reward seats have already gone!

Thank you so much for your help
#940145 by pjh
11 Dec 2017, 00:22
claire21 wrote:Dear all,

Would really appreciate if someone could tel me how full UC is on the DEL-LHR route on the 16th of April. Really want to upgrade myself and my son to UC, but I have been ringing and told there are no reward seats. I am assuming I will have to turn up on the day and fingers crossed there will be seats I can upgrade into..... I can not believe the reward seats have already gone!

Thank you so much for your help

I think upgrade and reward seats come out of the same fare bucket, and a quick check on the VS website shows no availability for UC rewards 13-16 April though there is on the 17th - 19th.
#940146 by gumshoe
11 Dec 2017, 05:50
claire21 wrote:I can not believe the reward seats have already gone!

Flights go on sale 330 days before departure so yours has already been on sale for more than 6 months. Those in the know snap up reward seats on day 1!

That being said, there is no set number of reward seats on each flight and they can and do appear at any time, so the best advice is to keep checking the website - daily if you can. Do a dummy miles booking for UC on your chosen flight; if and when availability appears, call ASAP and upgrade.

And yes, as a last resort you can ask at the airport on the day.
#940151 by tugpilot
12 Dec 2017, 10:53
That said reward/upgrade availability on Delhi used to be very good- much better than many other routes. This is no longer the case partly I suspect because of policy changes to flying club in the last year or so (may be more-time flies these days) and partly because there are more DL passengers transferring to DL flights through LHR these days- DL don't go there.