This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#787330 by Darren Wheeler
28 Jul 2011, 21:54
Rather than have multiple SEQ threads, here's one for everyone to post their number from the last one right up to that coveted SEQ1.

Enjoy.

PS.

For the uninitiated, SEQ1 refers to being the first person to check-in for a flight. Other than a knowing you are first, it conveys no special rights or privileges.
#787350 by Neil
29 Jul 2011, 10:22
mdvipond wrote:
Neil wrote:
JamesH wrote:Sorry to seem like such a simpleton, but does SEQ1 actually get you anything or is it just a v-flyer thing?

Not a thing!

You're telling me you haven't tried claiming your free bottle of Champagne on boarding yet?

I'm saving that for my next Y trip to MCO - you can claim it retrospectively right?
#787351 by HWVlover
29 Jul 2011, 10:36
Is there a way of securing this thread towards the top of the section (like a "sticky") but so that people can still contribute to it? ?|

If so, it would stop it disappearing. Also similar threads for such as "hello from the clubhouse" and "load check please" could also be established. y)
#787352 by Frenchy78
29 Jul 2011, 10:41
Here's my brag. Its a bit of a doozy (I think)

This was a business trip paid for on a fully flexible PE ticket to MIA. I didn't even know what SEQ 1 meant and so I wasn't really even trying to be first. I was literally so excited to be going to Florida with my work, that I sat there the day before with OLCI open. I had only just signed up to Flying Club (got one of my colleagues to send me a referal link)

So I checked in pretty much at bang on T-24 - and yep, I got the coveted SEQ 1! I noticed it on my boarding card at the time - and I remembered wondering whether it meant I was first to check in... but that wasn't confirmed until later where I saw the "SEQ 1" explained somewhere online.

It gets better though... not only did I unwittingly grab SEQ 1 but as they checked my boarding card at the gate there was a strange beep and the agent paused to look at their screen.

Yep - I had also been given an Op-Up to upper class! I had never flown UC on Virgin before - and I had the best time. Completely fell in love with it. I could not believe my luck as I had no status with Virgin (as a brand new FC member). I must just have been a logistically easy pax to upgrade on the day (full fare PE, alone and no special meal).

Immediately that I came home, I got a Virgin Amex card and started collecting miles, due to this experience.

I'm now going back to Miami in UC using FC miles for my other halfs 40th next year (love Miami!).

The only problem was, the gate agent kept my original boarding card with the SEQ 1 on it (and the new UC BC didn't have this).

Still, it was worth losing the "evidence"... :D
#787356 by Frenchy78
29 Jul 2011, 10:51
Concorde RIP wrote:Frenchy78 - what a great story - that is certainly the way for VS to win friends and influcence!

Yep - I obviously missed out on the CH experience that day (and probably couldn't have gone in on an Op Up anyway). But I definately became a fan that day..

It was OK in the end though. Work sent me a way again shortly afterwards - this time all the way to Sydney, UC on Virgin, so I did subsequently do the whole 9 yards (and got a decent miles boost too).
#787362 by tontybear
29 Jul 2011, 12:29
Frenchy78 wrote:
Yep - I obviously missed out on the CH experience that day (and probably couldn't have gone in on an Op Up anyway). But I definately became a fan that day..

Thats correct. Even if you had been op-uped at the check-in desk you would not have been allowed in the CH. I recall that happened to some one on here and mentioned in a TR and 'no access to CH' was also written on the BP
#787364 by slinky09
29 Jul 2011, 12:39
HWVlover wrote:Also similar threads for such as "hello from the clubhouse" and "load check please" could also be established. y)

I think that's a great idea y) .

Frenchy78 wrote:It gets better though... not only did I unwittingly grab SEQ 1 but as they checked my boarding card at the gate there was a strange beep and the agent paused to look at their screen.

That happened to me too - first VS flight to San Francisco in the mid-90s sometime, travelling in PE with a colleague Alison to go to a conference, back when VS check-in was in the gloomy far right of T3. I checked in before my colleague and got an op up at the desk, then nervously waited for her in case she didn't, but she did too!

We missed the clubhouse but were sat upstairs in the front two on the right - back when UC was big comfy sofa kinda seats.

Loved it. VS also got a fan. Shame we don't hear of this to often now!
#787365 by Luke085
29 Jul 2011, 13:42
I got my first SEQ1 in March this year, it was my first UC flight and first CH so it made for a very good trip!! I kept my lovely purple boarding pass and used the crappy one i'd printed to board.

The idea of a load check and hello from the clubhouse sound like great ideas for stickys!
#787478 by tontybear
31 Jul 2011, 21:02
Roxy-Popsy wrote:
Does that qualify me as getting a B+? |:)

R-P

Nope ! this is a strict pass/ fail exam question.
#787871 by Luke085
05 Aug 2011, 07:55
voyagerweb wrote:Well i finally did it, got 1,2,3 for MCO-MAN. :D

Result!! y)
#787924 by Guest
05 Aug 2011, 17:10
buns wrote:I have got 145 - but I am happy as I have my original seat assignment.

buns

Like you Mr Buns I do not care one fig if we are SEQ 1+2 or 200+201. oo) The most important criterea is that we retain our choice of seats and that the bubbly is well chilled (which it rarely is on Virgin Atantic these days) :?
Virgin Atlantic