This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#912689 by joeyc
06 Nov 2015, 21:21
Mine was taken away from me.... new passport and they wouldn't transfer it ;-(

Look forward to when this rolled out to all UK passport holders, where do we get the invite codes from? Airlines for their frequent flyers?
#912696 by locutus
06 Nov 2015, 22:13
joeyc wrote:Mine was taken away from me.... new passport and they wouldn't transfer it ;-(

Look forward to when this rolled out to all UK passport holders, where do we get the invite codes from? Airlines for their frequent flyers?

Did they say why you couldn't just update your GOES account with your new passport?
#912699 by joeyc
06 Nov 2015, 23:35
locutus wrote:Did they say why you couldn't just update your GOES account with your new passport?

I tried, computer kept saying no... the help desk then got involved and told me that the code I'd used was no longer valid and my account was moved to inactive (computer parlience for purgatory) - got the initial application code from Virgin years ago.

I was just told to reapply when they next open it up to airline frequent flyers... Not happy about it granted, but what could I do? I can still login to my goes and sens account but can't actually apply for anything.... Damn computers!! ;-(
#913384 by getinjonathan
18 Nov 2015, 13:32
Hey All

Thought I'd pass this on. Flying Co have alerted me that they've been given new codes for fast track application to Global Entry. I am quite sure if you called Flying Club they'll have some too.

I got mine some years ago simply by calling VS and asking for a code. It's saved me so much time. It's entirely stress free should you be a frequent traveler to the US.
#913407 by pblondon
19 Nov 2015, 09:47
I spoke to the Flying Club gold line about this this morning. At first the agent had no idea what Global Entry was and I had to explain what the codes were. After checking he came back and said they don't have any codes and it is the home office that gives them out!!
#913626 by Gerrym
24 Nov 2015, 16:26
15isto2 wrote:
Hamster wrote:You could always ask UKBF for a code if you're keen...

There are 3 dates in December for interviews in London

Are you able to schedule your "US" interview in London?

I don't believe there are any interview locations in the UK
#913628 by Hamster
24 Nov 2015, 16:57
Gerrym wrote:I don't believe there are any interview locations in the UK

15isto2 wrote:Are you able to schedule your "US" interview in London?

In (early) December, there are 3 days of appointments (3 different locations) that are available for 'USA' interview.

So they might hold further UK based interview dates once the system goes fully open.
#913629 by Gerrym
24 Nov 2015, 17:12
Hamster wrote:
Gerrym wrote:I don't believe there are any interview locations in the UK

15isto2 wrote:Are you able to schedule your "US" interview in London?

In (early) December, there are 3 days of appointments (3 different locations) that are available for 'USA' interview.

So they might hold further UK based interview dates once the system goes fully open.

I see, well hopefully I can get approved and get an appointment when I am in NYC next week.
#913698 by locutus
26 Nov 2015, 00:37
Gerrym wrote:I see, well hopefully I can get approved and get an appointment when I am in NYC next week.

Well I wouldn't hold your breath. The US part can take a few weeks. That said, worth taking proof of address and other ID with you just in case.
#913711 by Gerrym
26 Nov 2015, 14:54
locutus wrote:
Gerrym wrote:I see, well hopefully I can get approved and get an appointment when I am in NYC next week.

Well I wouldn't hold your breath. The US part can take a few weeks. That said, worth taking proof of address and other ID with you just in case.

Yes, good advice, I will take the required documents in case I get approved whilst I am out there.
#913886 by Hamster
01 Dec 2015, 16:14
Had my GE interview this morning in Canary Wharf, was very simple, a few questions, just like you get when entering at a desk into the USA, photo and all finger prints. They also explain how to use it and about TSA-Pre.

Apparently they are in London for a 3 week 'special event' of registrations, and they might do more London interviews in the future.
#913991 by seany
03 Dec 2015, 21:36
Got to be honest, I really don't see the point, I always fly through the ESTA machines and customs, don't most people?..I mean may be if there's a queue for the machines you can add 10 to 15 mins extra to what global entry would take, but sitting interviews and such to save that amount of time doesn't seem worth it at all.
#913993 by Hamster
03 Dec 2015, 22:42
It can be very handy if you don't enter under ESTA into places like Miami, and even when using the ESTA machines, its taken us over 45mins in some airports.

The interview took 15 mins and was very simple.

Don't forget it also gives you TSA-Pre when flying on USA registered airlines (and I think Air Canada...)
#914239 by mitchja
09 Dec 2015, 22:25
15isto2 wrote:UK check took under 24 hours, wonder how long the USA one will take

Same here too. The US bit of mine has now also been conditionally approved (just received an automated email from the GOES online application system) and I've also scheduled an appointment at MIA on Dec 28th whilst I'm over in that area for my New Year break.

I did initially try the Fort Lauderdale enrolment centre (as that's slightly nearer to where I'm staying) but no appointments available there. Tried MIA and there are plenty available there right through December.

So, the whole application bit only took 7 days from start to finish which seems pretty good going :-D
#914240 by etk
09 Dec 2015, 22:40
I've got the uk part done - in less than 24 hours. Bit unsure now what to do with the American part as I believe I'd need to book the interview within 30 days. Trouble is I don't have any plans to be in the states for at least six months. I know the appointment can be later than 30 days but how much later??
#914241 by mitchja
09 Dec 2015, 23:20
Having just checked the appointment system via my application; certainly for the MIA location, it's letting me book an appointment right up to 28th June 2016, so that's almost 7 months from today, so you should be OK.
Virgin Atlantic