This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#929745 by backdoc
05 Dec 2016, 15:59
No credit for Tier Points/Miles flown 15Nov & 23Nov... UPDATE >-(

Just got this response from an email I sent to FlyingCo requesting assistance for missing credit and how to access my FlyingCo account.

Thanks for your email and your patience through the recent system upgrade we have had.

Apologies that you are unable to see your Virgin credited miles, yet can see the Delta flights at this time.

We have a system glitch at present which is being fixed as we speak, and this is affecting quite a lot of accounts for the last three weeks since the system upgrade took place where some transactions are not crediting for our flights. All accounts will have their miles credited in due course, but I am unable to advise when this will be. Be rest assured though that whatever qualifying flight is missing we will credit these asap!

In regards to the Flying co access, the Flying co section is currently offline as we are relaunching a new site very soon within the next few weeks. So for the time being you can contact us as your dedicated team in regards to Flying co queries either by call or via email Mon-Fri 0830-1700.

Again thank you for your patience through this disruption, we have noted your flights missing and we will keep an eye on them for you.

backdoc wrote:Yes, its crazy, but for those of us on the West Coast, it makes it easy to maintain Gold status by flying ridiculous tier point runs on Delta. My partner flew LAX-SEA-SLC-SEA-LAX in one day in First on 18Nov on Delta for $550.60, which earned 300 Tier Points. The Tier Points were credited in 2 days. I flew LAX-LHR RT in UC 15Nov-23Nov on VS and still have no credit for my flights. >-(

Steve

mitchja wrote:Hopefully my maths is correct here, but the entire system is now just utterly bonkers when I will now earn more VS tier points flying on Delta in First between SFO>LAX return which a total of just 676 miles and cost ~£250 than I will flying VS in Premium TALT between MAN>JFK on a K fare (~£750) which is 6660 miles >-( >-( >-(

DL SFO>LAX return flight in First 676miles = 150 TP's
VS return flight MAN>JFK in Premium 6660miles = 100 TP's
#931520 by stevebrass
18 Jan 2017, 15:15
Booked reward seats (outbound only) using my AMEX ec to pe upgrade vouchers. No problems using them. With the return should cost me 50000 miles plus taxes which is okay for 2 pe seats.
#932063 by joeyc
28 Jan 2017, 20:53
fillipbrown wrote:Can anyone confirm that with the new changes is a 'G' still an upgrade-able upper class seat?

The G fare is the reward fare bucket for upper class yes. As a ticket, it is not upgradeable as there is nothing further forward unless you wish to fly the plane :cool:
#932064 by fillipbrown
28 Jan 2017, 20:55
joeyc wrote:
fillipbrown wrote:Can anyone confirm that with the new changes is a 'G' still an upgrade-able upper class seat?

The G fare is the reward fare bucket for upper class yes. As a ticket, it is not upgradeable as there is nothing further forward unless you wish to fly the plane :cool:

Thanks for confirming joey. I am seeing a G fare code on the website but I am being told that it is different for full rewards and upgrades which is news to me if that is the case!
#932066 by pjh
28 Jan 2017, 21:18
fillipbrown wrote:
joeyc wrote:

Thanks for confirming joey. I am seeing a G fare code on the website but I am being told that it is different for full rewards and upgrades which is news to me if that is the case!

I think the the only difference is in the number of miles required between a full reward and an upgrade from from a paid PE or Economy ticket.
#935661 by bassaidai2222
30 May 2017, 15:36
Dear all. I have been trying to book reward flights now with VA but can never get on the correct site as it always displays server error etc ..previously when trying to do this the main site came up and displayed the dates reward flights were available this is not possible now ..I have spoke to FC and the only answer I get is to keep trying the needed dates on a day to day basis, I said this is very frustrating and time consuming. ..can anyone help please Dave W...
#935666 by pjh
30 May 2017, 20:08
bassaidai2222 wrote:Dear all. I have been trying to book reward flights now with VA but can never get on the correct site as it always displays server error etc ..previously when trying to do this the main site came up and displayed the dates reward flights were available this is not possible now ..I have spoke to FC and the only answer I get is to keep trying the needed dates on a day to day basis, I said this is very frustrating and time consuming. ..can anyone help please Dave W...

What route and dates are you looking for? I can bring the page up no problem, searching a 5 week window. What I can't do is the old style showing of all classes on one screen. Let me know dates / numbers / class and I'll take a screenshot and post here.
#938467 by steve_nm
16 Sep 2017, 23:18
FWIW I just finished a TP run ABQ-SLC-LAS-SEA-SLC-ABQ. I needed 225 TP to maintain Gold. Wound up earning a total 500 TPs, 21697 miles! I did buy up to first, but it still seems crazy high? Is this the new program (Sept 1 changes) bonus? It's near impossible to reconcile as the Flying club activity just shows the total miles and TPs awarded not base plus bonus. I'm hesitant to call FC staff and ask too many questions in case it's a mistake in my favor. I f you have any light to shed on if this is correct I would surely appreciate it.
#938471 by SlimpyJones
17 Sep 2017, 08:12
How strange Steve! I have no idea where 500 could have come from, if you'd have booked before Sept 1st you'd have earnt at the old rate which would have gotten you 375.. so where that extra 125 has come from I've no idea!
Kink in the system in your favour it seems :D
#938476 by steve_nm
17 Sep 2017, 15:46
Yes 375 was what I was expecting, and yes it was booked prior to Sept 1. Below is the detail, and also the mileage makes no sense to me. They gave me 95 or 115 TP each flight segment.

Activity Date Transaction Date Activity Mileage Tier Points
12 September 2017 14 September 2017 DELTA AIRLINES, LAS - SEA, FIRST 8,225 115
12 September 2017 14 September 2017 DELTA AIRLINES, SLC - ABQ, FIRST 4,635 115
12 September 2017 14 September 2017 DELTA AIRLINES, SEA - SLC, FIRST 3,928 95
10 September 2017 11 September 2017 DELTA AIRLINES, ABQ - SLC, FIRST 2,811 95
10 September 2017 11 September 2017 DELTA AIRLINES, SLC - LAS, FIRST 2,098 95
#938482 by SlimpyJones
17 Sep 2017, 17:12
Funnily enough I've had 95 TPs awarded recently as well for a DL First flight, but that was only because it was ticketed twice. Wonder if yours was duplicated somehow! Who can say though.
#938509 by mitchja
18 Sep 2017, 22:48
Something is indeed not quite right as I've just been awarded 5640 miles and 150 TP's the the DL First Class ATL>ORD leg :-O (the VS MAN>ATL flight leg hasn't posted yet).
#938510 by Mr G
19 Sep 2017, 00:51
Sounds familiar... I've been awarded 30 tier points each for 2 x DL economy journeys. Booked pre sept 1st, but flown afterwards (I know I should earn at the pre rate) but either way, there is no way to earn an exact 30 tier points. Very odd! Strangely, the VS segment (ticketed as DL) has posted as 25. I wonder whether that should actually be 50 as a) it was booked before the changeover and b) it's a partner ticket, but flown on VS metal. If I question it, it could be corrected and I lose 10 tier points (only earning 25 per leg of a 3 leg journey) but it could also be "corrected" and I could gain another 15. Hmmmmm.
Virgin Atlantic