This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#939268 by CommanderB
24 Oct 2017, 13:54
The technology is there to stream that amount of data to an aircraft. But its not cost effective, for either airlines or individuals. But it will get there eventually.
#939269 by Smid
24 Oct 2017, 15:00
CommanderB wrote:What about those of us who have seen all the films & TV shows on the IFE that we want to watch..? What then? As much as I love reading, I can't read for 12 hours straight. It may not suit everyone, but I believe there is a use case.

Are you inferring, for some reason, that there will be a much larger "stream to your device" library than the one provided for normal IFE?

I see no reason for this to be the case. It's onboard servers providing over wifi, not all the media in the world...

If you've finished with the IFE content, in the tens of flights you have in that month, I think you have a different problem from the rest of us. I'd also suggest you bring your own things to watch...
#939364 by Smid
30 Oct 2017, 16:20
cheesebag wrote:A larger UC seat for us 6 foot plus people please :)

If anything I found the B787 seat as short as the pre-refurb A330 seat last time I flew. It's around the same seat to space ratio, right? Not been impressed with the supposed wonderful refurb...

Only flown an A350 (though not a 1000) on QR, and I do remember the upper part of the cabin being very spacious. Almost a waste...