This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#934443 by mallin
15 Apr 2017, 21:12
To anyone who is on the site, getting comfy for the flight looks to be on time. It's a really beautiful day here 73 degrees and calm winds. Does not look so good at home. Oh well all good things must come to an end. Happy Easter. Linda :-D
#934448 by marshy11
16 Apr 2017, 07:51
Hope it was a lovely flight home. Happy Easter, sun is out today here in Cornwall.
#934456 by hiljil
16 Apr 2017, 10:01
Hope you too had an enjoyable flight . :-D
#934457 by lynnewob
16 Apr 2017, 10:02
Hi
I was in the Club at LAS yesterday (Fri 14 Apr) and so sad to leave Vegas as the weather was great on the Friday after a very windy Thursday.
I did notice they offered a couple more hot options (instead of just soup) of shredded beef or chicken with rice. I had the chicken which was nice, along with the normal offering of a tuna salad roll and Oreos to follow.
Hope your flight back was good.
We came back on Hot lips and it was a lovely quiet flight with no drama but very full, with only 6 spare seats in economy.
#934463 by mallin
16 Apr 2017, 13:03
Hi, just got home we landed nearly an hour early thanks to some extreme turbulence even the crew had to take their seats. did not get those offerings Lynne in the lounge only some soup, salad and rolls. Tea on the plane wasn't much they gave me pureed carrots (thought only babies had that) ugh they were horrible. Soup again and toffee pie desert was nice though. Had one of the best crews it really makes a difference nothing was too much trouble, very attentive. From landing we were home to Huntingdon in just over 2 hours with a stop at the services must be a record the M25 was reasonably quiet, although all the people were all in the services.now to unpack. Regards Linda :-D
#934478 by lynnewob
16 Apr 2017, 19:26
Thankfully we didn't have much turbulence.

The chicken and rice were in separate containers next to the two soup,offerings on the far left. They looked fairly set in place, so surprised if they were removed.

Saturday's M25 was quite busy for for a long drive to the Midlands but stIll got back at about 12.35 which wasn't bad going.

Hope the unpacking wasn't too bad. It's the washing that gets you. Monday's bank holiday helps to give you extra time to get everything done though.
#934490 by mallin
17 Apr 2017, 11:09
Must have missed those food offerings Lynne, as it will be some time before we are back in Vegas due to the economy and everything going up. Even though we got two comp nights and an upgraded room, all the parking and food charges have gone up twice since we were there in October. Think we will have to do some European destinations next year, although we do use our annual 2-4-1 BA to go touring every year.

As we are retired the washing can wait a while, had to put the heating on full and get out the winter warmers as we were shivering, we did sleep for a good 12 hours though .Linda
#934494 by catsilversword
17 Apr 2017, 13:51
mallin wrote:Must have missed those food offerings Lynne, as it will be some time before we are back in Vegas due to the economy and everything going up. Even though we got two comp nights and an upgraded room, all the parking and food charges have gone up twice since we were there in October. Think we will have to do some European destinations next year, although we do use our annual 2-4-1 BA to go touring every year.

As we are retired the washing can wait a while, had to put the heating on full and get out the winter warmers as we were shivering, we did sleep for a good 12 hours though .Linda

But do you still get that 'last few days of the holiday' feeling? I don't work anymore either, yet am surprised to still feel like that!

I know what you mean, about looking at European destinations, but it isn't easy when you're just drawn back to the US! Or is this just me?
#934495 by pjh
17 Apr 2017, 15:44
ColOrd wrote:
I'm in Peterborough!

Somebody has to be :).

catsilversword wrote:
I know what you mean, about looking at European destinations, but it isn't easy when you're just drawn back to the US! Or is this just me?

It is a bit of a challenge that I'm having to get used to as living on a fixed income starts to beckon. There are still one or two US adventures I'd like to do (never been to the Florida Keys, or New Orleans) which we should be able to finance in part with miles, and I'd still go back to NYC at the drop of a hat, but increasingly I'm now getting used to the idea of the less grand - but possibly more frequent - trips to Europe, though some parts are eye wateringly expensive. A key here is the possession of a Priority Pass card :).

Also #1 son's experiences in Vietnam / Cambodia / Sri Lanka suggest that heading that way can be tremendous value, and even with the exchange rate to the rand having worsened considerably since we went to South Africa last year I'd still be tempted to return there.

And for our summer spot we have chosen...Edinburgh, with a side order of Glasgow. Umbrellas ahoy!
#934498 by catsilversword
17 Apr 2017, 16:02
pjh wrote:
ColOrd wrote:
I'm in Peterborough!

catsilversword wrote:

It is a bit of a challenge that I'm having to get used to as living on a fixed income starts to beckon. There are still one or two US adventures I'd like to do (never been to the Florida Keys, or New Orleans) which we should be able to finance in part with miles, and I'd still go back to NYC at the drop of a hat, but increasingly I'm now getting used to the idea of the less grand - but possibly more frequent - trips to Europe, though some parts are eye wateringly expensive. A key here is the possession of a Priority Pass card :).

Also #1 son's experiences in Vietnam / Cambodia / Sri Lanka suggest that heading that way can be tremendous value, and even with the exchange rate to the rand having worsened considerably since we went to South Africa last year I'd still be tempted to return there.

And for our summer spot we have chosen...Edinburgh, with a side order of Glasgow. Umbrellas ahoy!

You're right, some European destinations are stupidly expensive. I've looked at some places in Europe in the past, only to discard when I realise the cost isn't much different from going further. We tend to rent houses when we travel, and the places in Europe are just so much smaller, and not as nice. Might as well stay at home!
#934503 by mallin
17 Apr 2017, 19:00
Just to clarify we live halfway between Huntingdon and Peterborough, so where does that put me Paul (second thoughts don't answer that one )? With your sense of humour!!! only joking.

Yes Claire I know what you mean by the draw of the US, we have looked at European destinations but when we thought Canaries or Vegas you know which won. I know not all are stuck in the 80's but the resorts do not seem to have moved on since we took our children away in the 70's. small uncomfortable beds, very few amenities and crt tv's. Even the supposedly 5 Star resorts are anything but, and half the food you cannot tell what it is. Rant over.
#934504 by ColOrd
17 Apr 2017, 19:41
pjh wrote:
ColOrd wrote:
I'm in Peterborough!

8 years on the 5th of May I've been here! Quite scary! It's not that bad a place!
#934507 by catsilversword
18 Apr 2017, 01:44
Yes Claire I know what you mean by the draw of the US, we have looked at European destinations but when we thought Canaries or Vegas you know which won. I know not all are stuck in the 80's but the resorts do not seem to have moved on since we took our children away in the 70's. small uncomfortable beds, very few amenities and crt tv's. Even the supposedly 5 Star resorts are anything but, and half the food you cannot tell what it is. Rant over.[/quote]

Exactly how we feel!
Virgin Atlantic