This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#935855 by locutus
09 Jun 2017, 07:44
The Points Guy is reporting a status match possibility if you have a VS flight booked and status on several other programs.

Details here

I only have a reward flight on VS booked. :-(
#935871 by tontybear
09 Jun 2017, 14:36
it's not a straight status match though see the VS website

For AU you need to prove

Be able to send us a valid, recent statement showing that you fly enough times on the Virgin Atlantic network to maintain Gold status

• Already have a future flight booked with us in either Premium Economy or Upper Class

So you actually have to prove you'll be able to maintain the status as well which will stop the 'status collectors'
#935874 by gumshoe
09 Jun 2017, 16:41
Interesting. Trying to win over some disaffected BA FFs who've had enough of Alex Cruz's cost cutting and IT meltdowns?

(Although to be fair BA have pulled a blinder by offering to extend current status for 2 years to those caught up in the recent meltdown so VS may have missed the boat.)
#935875 by tontybear
09 Jun 2017, 17:07
Ah but on flyer talk some are saying that now they've had a free extension they may be willing to try other airlines as they won't need to earn the TPs to retain their BA status.

This could come back and bite BA in the pocket.
#935880 by etk
10 Jun 2017, 08:59
Am I being a bit simple? Surely if you fly enough on virgins network to maintain gold, you already be gold?
#935885 by nkp85uk
10 Jun 2017, 11:00
etk wrote:Am I being a bit simple? Surely if you fly enough on virgins network to maintain gold, you already be gold?

yep glad i'm not the only one to think that...!
Virgin Atlantic