This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#936507 by Jhon Doe
04 Jul 2017, 20:32
Hi all. Long time lurker here :-) I have a trip coming up in early August so thought it was about time I got involved!

I'm flying LHR to SFO so will almost certainly be on the A346....Last time I flew that route I'm pretty sure it was a 747. Opted for seats 6k & 7k so hopefully that will give us some privacy.

I had a question regarding the Upper menu though that I couldn't find an answer to. Is there any way to check out the most recent menus for that route or does it simply change up too frequently to bother? My wife is quite fussy so I was debating doing all of our eating in the CH and giving the in flight meal a miss.

JD
#936524 by SlimpyJones
05 Jul 2017, 13:56
Hey,

Welcome to the forum, or rather, congrats on elevating yourself to Member status! :P

Upper Class menus change every three months, and the Trip Reports section the best source for historic menus. They last changed in May or June, so there's probably some recent TRs which contain some menus. Whether they are the ones in use on your route, can't be too certain.

As far as contents, there's usually a choice of three starters - of which one will be a soup, four mains - which are typically beef, chicken, fish and veg based, and a couple of desert choices. Going to SFO there's also a light bites menu for smaller stuff. Given you're on the VS19, you won't be in the Clubhouse for when the lunch menu rolls out, so it'll be breakfast items only before you board. Remember it's also an 11 hour flight, unless you are well versed in fasting I would struggle to not eat anything on a flight that long! :)
#936533 by Jhon Doe
06 Jul 2017, 09:30
Thanks for the feedback! I am quite adept at fasting but to be honest I'll eat anything. I fear that the comfort of my trip will depend on how well fed my wife is though... you're right that 11 hours is probably risking it!!

I shall wait and see. It's also my first time in Upper having flown PE a few times so I'm interested to see how it differs.