This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#936521 by jfenney
05 Jul 2017, 12:58
Just received an email from Virgin trains that from today:

How will this work?
1. This email, sent on 5 July 2017 constitutes the start of a 26 day period that notifies you about this change.
2. Virgin Trains will honour the current reward value of ‘£1 spent earns 2 Miles’ on all bookings made for journeys to be taken before midnight on 31 July 2017.
3. After the 26 day notice period, customers will no longer earn 2 Miles for every £1 spent on bookings. From 1st Aug 2017, the reward value will change to '£1 spent earns 1 Mile'.
4. Bookings made during the 26 day notice period, for travel from the 1st Aug 2017, will earn 1 Miles for every £1 spent.
#936523 by VS075
05 Jul 2017, 13:09
I got that e-mail too. Note that this applies to West Coast (i.e. operator of services along the West Coast Main Line out of London Euston). I'm not sure if the rewards for services operated by the East Coast franchise are also changing.
#936526 by mitchja
05 Jul 2017, 14:52
Also got an email from Virgin Trains about this today.

I've not (yet) received anything from VTEC , which is the line I use most, so as it stands so far they are still 2miles per £1 spent.

As a side note, VTEC miles post super quick now. I travelled on VTEC on Friday and those miles hit my FC account the following day!
#936529 by Smid
05 Jul 2017, 16:29
It wasn't a great earning rate in the first place, even, if like me, I was putting a grand a month into their pockets, they were giving me 2K points, which would price up at £30 if you bought them...

I also suspect you didn't earn them on non simple west coast only trips (ie: cross country to a virgin train west coast, like Reading to Glasgow).