This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#936785 by AlanA
22 Jul 2017, 15:00
Ok, I know, I know, a difficult question to actually answer, however, here goes.

Looking to use mine and my wife's large amount of FC miles, plus cash for my 16 year old to book seats in UC for Nov 18.

I know reward seats are like rocking horse on the LGW-MCO royte especially with such a small UC cabin.

What's the best way to get to Orlando in UC reward plus one cash purchase?

Is via MIA to MCO a better chance? Or do you frequent flyers know a better route?

Thanks
#936793 by Hev60
22 Jul 2017, 18:10
Not an impossible task out of season but watch out for 'Thanksgiving' as flight might be a b it more difficult.

We have always managed to get reward UC in the months of March and April to various destinations but never in the peak times, espcially to MCO.

Like gumshoe says travelling via Altanta is becoming very popular.. Patience will pay off, eventually!
#936795 by daviis
22 Jul 2017, 19:41
We're flying out this year Dec 9th retuning Jan 1st. We're going to Walt Disney world for our sons 21st so obviously wanted to fly in UC using the many VS points we've got. Anyway needless to say LGW - MCO reward flights were totally impossible to get so we ended up going LHR - JFK both ways and getting Jet Blue returns for the domestic flights.

Going out on Dec 9th meant we are flying off peak but obviously coming back is peak season so lots more points however going via JFK is less VS points than flying to MCO
Last edited by daviis on 23 Jul 2017, 14:04, edited 1 time in total.
#936801 by dickydotcom
23 Jul 2017, 10:58
We have done the direct route from LGW several times now.
Out in late Feb, back in March 29 or 30 days later.
I have done it two ways:
1st buy upgradeable economy return tickets as soon as they are issued.
Then checking up to 5 times a day starting before 6 a.m. for the reward seats and snap them up as soon as. A couple of times we have added a day because nothing came up on the Saturday but two seats did on the Sunday. There is a fee for changing the day.
2nd way we did this year was on full reward seats. We bagged the outbound as soon as they were issued, but when it came to inbound nothing seemed to be coming up so we ended up coming back from Atlanta. We were staying in South Carolina so it was actually nearer.

Best of luck with your quest. But get up early and check loads of times a day and your chances are greatly improved.

Dick D
#936805 by inkiboo
23 Jul 2017, 13:56
We've had varying degrees of success when it comes to MCO UC Miles flights.

For April 2018, we have 8 of us going out there. Currently we have 3 UC miles into MCO and the rest into ATL, with us all going home via ATL.

In the past, we've had five of us in UC to MCO on Miles but I think this was very, very lucky.

As others have said, book the Economy upgradeable fare and then check every day. Or book via ATL which gives you the added advantage of going via LHR.
Virgin Atlantic