This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#937103 by JCBR
31 Jul 2017, 21:33
For now I don't think we need to worry much about HKG and DEL as DL do not flight these routes from NYC so their code share with VS is a great fit. In fact DL do not fly anywhere in India.
If they were to offer a NYC-HKG codeshare with their sky team partners it would require a second stop which is a deal breaker for most flyers.
(AA offer a non stop via CX and UA flies directly)
#937182 by marklife
02 Aug 2017, 22:21
I was digging back through some old threads and this AF/KLM stake was apparently part of the plan back in December 2012 when Delta was buying into VS originally:

From 2 Dec 2012 - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=277822:
One of the main articles in today's Sunday Times says that Delta are in negotiations to buy SQ's stake in VS and that if successful KLM-AF will then buy a minority stake from SRB. VS would then become part of Sky Team.

So I guess they have been working on this for a while...
#937186 by clarkeysntfc
02 Aug 2017, 22:49
ISTBC but the IAG has achieved its profit result based on external factors such as reduced fuel costs rather than any growth in revenue or cost cutting of BA's own doing.