This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#938444 by lorelai
15 Sep 2017, 11:10
Hello all
The plan is to do a full trip report when I'm home, but I just thought I'd mention a couple of things from our UC MAN > JFK flight yesterday.
Now first of all the cc were excellent and very attentive.
Lots of people split up from families due to the config switch at the last minute.
The champagne had run out before we had even flown over Dublin!!! They had no fizz for a while but then managed to find a bottle of prosecco from somewhere (possibly PE?).
The bread situation was also interesting. There was no choice of bread, and by the time they got to us in rows 6-8, they had no bread at all. The cc went away and came back and placed slightly stale bread roll in plastic wrapping on my table, which I again assume came from PE.
Ran out of port. They were rationing it amongst those who wanted it.
Strangely I only noticed 2 or 3 people who couldn't have their first choice of meal, which seems in contrast to the other load issues!
Anyway, none of this remotely spoiled the flight, it just seemed really quite poor to run out of champers and bread entirely, and so early on in the flight! We still had an excellent time though. Now the 2 hour wait to get through passport control in JFK on the other hand...
#938449 by Hev60
15 Sep 2017, 16:47
Wow :-O to use a famous film title to sum up your journey = The Good, The Bad & The Ugly !!

Enjoy nyc though. Hev
Last edited by Hev60 on 15 Sep 2017, 22:30, edited 1 time in total.
#938453 by horburyflyer
15 Sep 2017, 21:49
lorelai wrote:Hello all
The plan is to do a full trip report when I'm home, but I just thought I'd mention a couple of things from our UC MAN > JFK flight yesterday.
Now first of all the cc were excellent and very attentive.
Lots of people split up from families due to the config switch at the last minute.
The champagne had run out before we had even flown over Dublin!!! They had no fizz for a while but then managed to find a bottle of prosecco from somewhere (possibly PE?).
The bread situation was also interesting. There was no choice of bread, and by the time they got to us in rows 6-8, they had no bread at all. The cc went away and came back and placed slightly stale bread roll in plastic wrapping on my table, which I again assume came from PE.
Ran out of port. They were rationing it amongst those who wanted it.
Strangely I only noticed 2 or 3 people who couldn't have their first choice of meal, which seems in contrast to the other load issues!
Anyway, none of this remotely spoiled the flight, it just seemed really quite poor to run out of champers and bread entirely, and so early on in the flight! We still had an excellent time though. Now the 2 hour wait to get through passport control in JFK on the other hand...

Fantastic to hear the MAN team didn't disappoint. Sounds like a significant catering load issue that really should have been addressed on the ground and if it couldn't some kind of explanation offered. I would certainly provide feedback to VS so it can be addressed with GateGourmet, though I suspect the crew will have written up detailed notes on the flight report!

I haven't experienced a run out of champagne for quite sometime though on a recent return flight back to UK they did have a limited stock so used the duty free stock which was a good solution!

Pleased it didn't spoil your flight and do have a fab time in NYC. Seems you chose the right day as the VS127 is running nearly 6hrs late today!

Jon
#938457 by lorelai
16 Sep 2017, 00:09
Hi jon

Thanks for the reply!! Actually a six hour delay puts everything into perspective doesn't it, running out of fizz is annoying but at least we got off on time! Any idea why they were so delayed?

Best wishes
Lorelai
#938458 by horburyflyer
16 Sep 2017, 03:59
lorelai wrote:Hi jon

Thanks for the reply!! Actually a six hour delay puts everything into perspective doesn't it, running out of fizz is annoying but at least we got off on time! Any idea why they were so delayed?

Best wishes
Lorelai

Not sure of the exact circumstances though it seems the original flight deck crew member allocated to the VS127 (operated by G-VWAG) wasn't able to operate the service which did mean a replacement flight deck crew member needed to be found.

One was found and flown to MAN on the VS11, which made a short stop in MAN on its way from LHR to BOS - the passengers on the VS11 were advised of this ahead of their departure from LHR.

Seems a little odd but VS have confirmed that was the only solution. The flight finally left MAN at 1926.

Jon
#938459 by Eggtastico
16 Sep 2017, 07:05
lorelai wrote:Hi jon

Best wishes
Lorelai

or they would not serve it assuming everyone had drunk alcohol during the delay.
Virgin Atlantic