This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#938629 by SlimpyJones
24 Sep 2017, 17:46
Just been doing a little browsing for something to do next May and I'm noticing that a 6th daily flight to JFK has appeared, VS153/154.

It looks like this is at the expense of the DL2/402 service. Perhaps some additional W capacity is needed.

I haven't noticed any other changes yet but on the back of this I'll do a little digging.

Edit: Yep
http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/air ... ts-in-s18/
#938630 by FLYERZ
24 Sep 2017, 18:20
Interesting addition, wonder what the intention is from DL, given it is effectively just a switch of DL operation to VS. I can't help but get the impression that this confirms the VS position as a UK-US support for DL. Would be nice to see a new destination
#938634 by mitchja
24 Sep 2017, 19:50
Interesting arrival time as that means the VS127, VS153 and VS45 all arrive within 20mins of each other unless the other two change 8-)

Race you :D
#938650 by broono83
25 Sep 2017, 12:47
In a possibly related point:

I've been looking at booking VS137 for next June. This is the 11.30 flight to JFK. Its been available for as long as I can remember but as of the last day or 2 it seems to have vanished from the bookings engine!? Any ideas?
#939083 by getinjonathan
13 Oct 2017, 22:08
Apparently VS are taking another LHR-JFK route from Delta in 2018 - to be called The VS153/154. This is amazing news for us VS fan people. Clearly the JV realizing where it works and doesn't.

Happy Happy!
#939084 by Edinburgh Castle
13 Oct 2017, 22:35
well yes and no; great if business takes you across the pond but global business growth remains Asia for the very foreseeable future and possibly certain parts of Africa.

OH flew to Shanghai VS250 yesterday - plane rammed full , no space UC or premium; I fly out on Tuesday to PVG and again Business sand Premium 100% full. Good to witness Virgin's success

There is life eastwards which Virgin continues to ignore though perhaps the AF/KLM alliance will help provide the routes that Delta is incapable of supplying though it would be good to fly to KL, Seoul or Bangkok on Virgin as well as the mega cities in China
#939086 by getinjonathan
13 Oct 2017, 23:05
Edinburgh Castle wrote:well yes and no; great if business takes you across the pond but global business growth remains Asia for the very foreseeable future and possibly certain parts of Africa.

OH flew to Shanghai VS250 yesterday - plane rammed full , no space UC or premium; I fly out on Tuesday to PVG and again Business sand Premium 100% full. Good to witness Virgin's success

There is life eastwards which Virgin continues to ignore though perhaps the AF/KLM alliance will help provide the routes that Delta is incapable of supplying though it would be good to fly to KL, Seoul or Bangkok on Virgin as well as the mega cities in China

Yes, this is US specific and so your gripe, which I wholeheartedly sympathize with is irrelevant. Its the JV which continues to eat at BA....
Virgin Atlantic