This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#940569 by 74shoreline
06 Jan 2018, 15:42
Couple of quick questions for the knowledgeable V Flyer hive mind:

1. Is it possible to go back outside onto the concourse/drop off area after DTCI at LHR? Or are you whisked straight through to the security line?

2. If travelling on a VS ticketed flight but on a DL aircraft, from JFK to LHR, does one have access to the JFK clubhouse?
#940575 by gumshoe
06 Jan 2018, 18:10
1. I don’t see why not - though you can’t get anywhere without a vehicle.

2. Absolutely - though bear in mind it’s a long walk round to the gates DL tend to use.
#940579 by pjh
06 Jan 2018, 20:07
74shoreline wrote:
2. If travelling on a VS ticketed flight but on a DL aircraft, from JFK to LHR, does one have access to the JFK clubhouse?

Yes you do (and I don't think it has to be VS ticketed if flying Delta One). We did this earlier in the week. The Delta check in staff politely suggested we use the Delta lounge, advice we chose not to take. It is a hike from the VS lounge to the DL gates, but having spent the last year walking the length of AMS from the Aspire Lounge to the H gates used by EZY it is very doable, particularly if you use the moving walkways to walk rather than rest.

Note that if you are on the last DL of the evening (403) scheduled for 22:30, the VS CH closes at 21:00 and you'll need to make your way to the DL lounge for the last hour. It's not bad, but just think Escape / #1 Lounge writ large where you pay for any drink that is not "standard".
#940580 by chumba
06 Jan 2018, 20:33
74shoreline wrote:Couple of quick questions for the knowledgeable V Flyer hive mind:

1. Is it possible to go back outside onto the concourse/drop off area after DTCI at LHR? Or are you whisked straight through to the security line?

In relation to 1 above - yes you can. When we've used DTCI my partner always needs her last cigarette before we go through security. You cant smoke outside the DTCI where the vehicles drop off, so the staff let her out of the door where you access the private security channel from the terminal, she goes downstairs into the terminal then outside for her cigarette then just the return journey up through the door using her boarding pass and we use the private security channel.

Some might ask why then use the DTCI and not just be dropped at the front and use the lift to the private security channel. Only because i like the DTCI experience, even if it tales a bit longer due to her last cigarette.
Virgin Atlantic