This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#940936 by LucyLu
18 Jan 2018, 16:40
I'm beginning to wonder what use the PE upgrade voucher I earned in Nov (and was credited with recently) is actually going to be to me, since when we fly to BGI in May there will be no PE seats available to book. Bit of a disappointment

Am I correct in thinking that you can't use one PE upgrade voucher to upgrade two people on one leg any more?
#940939 by LucyLu
18 Jan 2018, 16:55
Ah OK, I thought the had stopped that.

Looked at PE availability for our flight out next week and there are 2 rewards available but looking at the seat map there is only one seat available for allocation, so would mean we might end up separated. Do you reckon it is worth chancing it?
#940940 by SlimpyJones
18 Jan 2018, 16:58
Well, admittedly last time I did it was about a year ago but I am not aware of any changes that would prevent it!

Remember that the seat map will always show the front row/bulkhead rows as unavailable. I'd say go for it and then ask at check-in for them to seat you together. I'm sure they'll work it out for you. :)
#940941 by LucyLu
18 Jan 2018, 17:44
Does anyone now when they open up the bulkhead seats? Is it when online checkin opens? What about twilight checkin? Do the do twilight checkin at LHR? First time we've flown to BGI from LHR
#940944 by gumshoe
18 Jan 2018, 18:37
There is no twilight check-in at LHR.

Sometimes the blocked bulkhead seats are unblocked when OLCI opens, other times they stay blocked and you have to ask at the airport. I’ve previously had the check-in agent tell me they’re not available, only for the Clubhouse concierge to happily move me into them.
#940953 by LucyLu
19 Jan 2018, 12:42
I've just spoken to FC and got us upgraded. The lady I spoke to said that they will provisionally book us into the bulkhead seats and I might find they are assigned to us when I go to do OLCI. Having no twilight checkin will hopefully help in this instance as no-one else will be able to bag those seats before it opens unless they have kids/medical needs. Fingers crossed!
Virgin Atlantic