This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#73382 by preiffer
15 Aug 2005, 21:47
Originally posted by s0436
My flight HKG-SYD in September at the moment has about 40 passengers on the entire a/c
How do you know this? - If you're referring to a seat map, remember that not all passengers pre-allocate their seats, so it's not a true reflection of the actual load. Only VS know this for sure.

(including a lot of J's, booked by corporate travel depts.)
#73385 by Strawberry Muppet
15 Aug 2005, 22:07
Originally posted by virgin is the best
Lets just say before we start flying to DXB you will have a choice of 2 flights to HKG. I know of a few other plans for the Aussie market too.

I really hope Virgin flys to Melbourne next. And that's good news that HKG will be double daily in the not too distant future.

The Strawb
#73386 by VS_Lover
15 Aug 2005, 22:26
And we've now got a codeshare with Virgin Blue - would VS really have set this all up if they were going to pull out??
#73647 by Jetstreamer
17 Aug 2005, 23:54
I had a double take when I saw this topic. I thought for a second I was on airliners.net where every other week, one of the prophets of doom starts a thread about the imminent cancellation of the SYD route.

Just to echo what has already been said many, many times:-

- The VS200/201 LHR-HKG-SYD-HKG-LHR flights are here to stay.

- Flights between London and Hong Kong are very popular. The VS200/201 almost always operated full before the extension of the flight to SYD. This is part of the reason for the light loads on the HKG-SYD-HKG sectors. This would be allievated by a 2nd daily LHR-HKG flight which is certainly in our future plans but is prevented at the moment by the size of the fleet.

- A new route very rarely becomes an overnight success. We've not even been flying to Australia for a year yet! Give it a chance....
#73732 by VS045
18 Aug 2005, 16:57
I had a double take when I saw this topic. I thought for a second I was on airliners.net where every other week, one of the prophets of doom starts a thread about the imminent cancellation of the SYD route.

That'll be ConcordeBoy then;)

Cheers,
VS045
Virgin Atlantic