This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#7276 by bamiee
08 Aug 2005, 15:05
After renewing my gold card membership for the third time last month, it seems that I no longer need to worry about tier points anymore and have perhaps become a 'permanent' gold member? Does this sound correct? It would obviously be great if true.

Moreover, does anyone happen to know how many gold members there are globally? I've always been curious to know typically how many gold members will be on any given flight and thus the likelihood of being upgraded should it be required.
#72602 by preiffer
08 Aug 2005, 15:08
I agree, it would be nice, but unfortunately not the case.

Your tier points will be reset, as normal, at the end of your membership year - and you must requalify next year to maintain it.

In terms of "global Gold numbers" - it's a question that is frequently asked, but I don't believe anyone knows the actual number.

(And Welcome to the site, by the way! :D[y])
#72605 by Jonathan
08 Aug 2005, 15:22
VS dont offer a lifetime AU membership..
and of the airlines that do you really have to fly with them
For SQ PPS Solitaire lifetime membership you need to fly 1,875,000 credited flight miles or 1,000 sectors in J or F!!!
and SIN-KUL dont qualify as F sectors!!
#72697 by RichardMannion
08 Aug 2005, 23:29
Back in 2000 there was a competition to win a million miles and also Gold status for life - but thats the only time I have known this to be offered.

In regards to # of FC AU members - I had a figure of 18,000 quoted to me once but have no way of validating that.

Thanks,
Richard
#75357 by manymiles
31 Aug 2005, 17:55
I beleive that Life Gold membership maybe granted after 10 consecutive years on acheiving Gold.
#75359 by Nottingham Nick
31 Aug 2005, 18:02
Originally posted by manymiles
I beleive that Life Gold membership maybe granted after 10 consecutive years on acheiving Gold.

manymiles

Is this just anecdotal, or do you know someone who this has happened to?

It is certainly the first I have heard of it.

Nick
#75361 by Pete
31 Aug 2005, 18:25
The original members of the V50s were offered lifetime Gold status, although I believe that little benefit may have changed along with the requirements to get onto the V50 list. Not sure how much of this stuff I can publically talk about. And perhaps I've said too much... ;)

Pete
#75370 by RichardMannion
31 Aug 2005, 19:28
Originally posted by pixuk
The original members of the V50s were offered lifetime Gold status, although I believe that little benefit may have changed along with the requirements to get onto the V50 list. Not sure how much of this stuff I can publically talk about. And perhaps I've said too much... ;)

Pete

Step into my office please pix..... :)

Thanks,
Richard
Virgin Atlantic