This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#7333 by AustinBear
11 Aug 2005, 03:02
I looked and looked and could not find a topic on this specific seat issue...

I'm not sure how the suite seats work for couples traveling. After looking at photos and reading seating reviews, I picked 17D,G as they seemed best from a noise/light standpoint. Can you please tell me if my wife and I will be able to speak easily given the dividers and such? If not, do you have better suggestions?

We're on VS002 EWR-LHR

Thanks in advance for the help!
#72927 by Nottingham Nick
11 Aug 2005, 06:38
A warm welcome to V-Flyer, AustinBear.

I am not the suites expert, but IMHO, any adjacent seats should be fine for communication with your wife, including your selected ones.

My wife and I chose 7a and 7g, and had no problem. If you want a more intimate conversation,[:I][}:)] then the ottoman at the end of the suite is fine for one partner to sit on while the other is in their seat. You can even choose to eat with both meals on the same table in between you, though we didn't try this:)

Nick
#72931 by FamilyMan
11 Aug 2005, 09:28
Welcome AustinBear,

I was looking into this a while ago for a friend and found this thread.

Unfortunately Bazz locked it before it really got going and despite his comment I couldn't find anything more relevant - previous stuff may have been archived.

Phil (Buffy)
#72935 by p17blo
11 Aug 2005, 10:02
I know you have already been referred to another thread, but to answer your question simply here, then yes you will be fine. The dividers now remove and although you sit slightly back to back you can easily hold a conversation.

Other good couples seats include the first 2 rows (usually 6A&K and 7A&K) because these are nearer to each other than the other seats and these are face to face. Rows 6 & 7 will not put you as close as the seats you have chosen.

Paul
#72947 by BlackCat
11 Aug 2005, 11:58
I'm not sure that the removable dividers have been fitted on all 747s. Maybe a staffer can enlighten us.

BC
#72950 by JohnD
11 Aug 2005, 12:17
Yes - just to echo some of the comments here - side by side in a suite is fairly hopeless but if you are in the seats right in the nose then opposite each other would be best.
#72954 by lilyjosh0
11 Aug 2005, 12:35
I agree with JohnD - seats 6A&K, 7A&K or even 8A&K are great for couples.
Virgin Atlantic