This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#7382 by rupsingh
13 Aug 2005, 22:25
I was over at flyertalk.com and came across a link for cheap tickets for friends of virgin employees, however the link only worked for flights out of the US!!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=461478

Does anyone have a link for a uk discount page? or can anyone who works for virign help me get a discount on two tickets to new york in September?

Any help or advice would be appreciated

Thanks,

Rups:D
#73227 by s0436
13 Aug 2005, 22:31
I think it's only family members...
#73229 by p17blo
13 Aug 2005, 22:52
I have a friend who is VS cabin crew who is able to get me discounted tickets, but she always has to telephone. A web page would help but how would they control it?

pAUL
#73233 by Nottingham Nick
13 Aug 2005, 23:14
Firstly, as mcuth has pointed out on the FT thread, if you look at the fares, take into account they are ex-tax and non point earning, they are not that much of a bargain.

Secondly, we would be very wary of promoting anything on V-Flyer that MAY cause people to breach the T & C of the offer, and thereby attempt to obtain discounts that they are not entitled to. (Ultimately, maybe causing the tickets to be cancelled, or a surcharge imposed)

I say 'may', because the page that is referred to on FT is obviously accessible to the public and, if VS wanted to limit who got hold of these tickets, I would have thought they would have put some sort of security control to prevent general access.

Nick
#73242 by NYCFlyer
14 Aug 2005, 10:08
I have a couple of friends who are crew with VS and they have a great staff deal that enables them to get discounted tickets for a select named group of friends and relatives. For the Y fares I don't think it makes much of a saving and they can't book UC seats either. So its been PE for me for the past few years as that is where the price saving is best (and I get FC miles too).

Booking used to be by phone only but I believe that there is a staff website for them to use now. Downside is the last twice that web site has been used, it failed to generate an e-ticket and led to me having to chase VS to send one.
#73245 by rupsingh
14 Aug 2005, 10:29
any chance anyone would be willing to be friends with me and help me get 2 tickets 2 nyc in sep;)
#73256 by p17blo
14 Aug 2005, 12:58
Originally posted by rupsingh
any chance anyone would be willing to be friends with me and help me get 2 tickets 2 nyc in sep;)

You obviously missed Nick's post above[8D]
#73321 by VS_Lover
15 Aug 2005, 13:29
Those fares just look like Mates Tickets to me which yes, VS employees can buy for people but i'll be damned if i start giving them out to strangers. They're only X class fares anyway which if you bother to ring round can find anyway.

I work hard and TBH have to put with a lot of crap from passengers - the last thing i'm going to do is let other people benefit from my hard work who i don't know. My employee benefits are strictly for my close friends and family.
#73322 by preiffer
15 Aug 2005, 13:33
Originally posted by VS_Lover
My employee benefits are strictly for my close friends and family.
[y] Well said.

If you want an employee discount, become an employee (or a friend!) ;)
#73345 by Jonathan
15 Aug 2005, 16:32
Originally posted by preiffer

[y] Well said.

If you want an employee discount, become an employee (or a friend!) ;)

or a spouse!
I'm sure people have married for less reasons!!:D

edited for speeeeling!!
#73430 by VS045
16 Aug 2005, 12:56
What limits are there for regular staff travel (stand-by)? Do you have to be blood-related or married or can it be anyone?

Cheers,
VS045
#73433 by Strawberry Muppet
16 Aug 2005, 13:39
My cousin works for Air France and all his concessionary travel is limited to immediate family ie spouse/children only.

The Strawb
#73437 by FamilyMan
16 Aug 2005, 14:02
My late father was retired BA staff and although my days of free flights ID90s and ID80s (90% off and 80% off) are long gone my mother is still able to book 'hotline fares' that are open to friends and family. To be quite honest though I've never found a fare that I could not match elsewhere.

Phil (Buffy)
#77686 by easygoingeezer
20 Sep 2005, 13:29
Geez, let the staff have their perks, its not as if they don't earn it is it, plus they don't get paid that much in the first place
compared with some people in other industries.

My list of friends is very small, but I wouldn't count anyone as my friend just for a discount.
#77705 by bostonbrit
20 Sep 2005, 16:12
More importantly:

"Sorry, but this offer has now expired."
Virgin Atlantic