This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#7500 by xenole
21 Aug 2005, 21:39
Ok, got to start somewhere and had to take some holidays at work or lose them so booked one of Virgin's "sale" flights from Heathrow to New york on the 14:00 10th Sept (catching an internal flight a few days later before returning from San Francisco on the 16:30 flight on the 26th Sept).
Shame it was one of those N coded flight that doesn't have a lot of options and no miles awarded. Still, it was around £200 cheaper than a normal economy flight.

So, a couple of questions.
Have flown Virgin to Orlando and from Newark before (the Orlando flight being the better of the two - nicer staff, especially the young lady dealing with my area around seat 45a - nice wing and ground views!)

Apparently on VS003 outbound which appears to be 747-400. Would this likely have the new in flight entertainment system?

How guaranteed am I to get the seats I "requested" on the seat plan around the time of booking? Does checking in really early help as I do like to always be on the port side of a plane next to a window - horrid not being able to see out and people constantly clambering over you for the toilet!

Assuming there were seats available in say premium economy on the return flight (although don't think there are to be honest), and I wanted to pay for the upgrade, what sort of figure would I generally be looking at?

Does my class of ticket allow for any upgrades free or paid for at the airport?
#73975 by mitchja
21 Aug 2005, 22:04
Hello and welcome to V-Flyer :)

1) There is now only 1 LHR 744 which does not have V:Port (G-VXLG which has Odyssey) so your chances are pretty high in getting a 744 with V:Port.

2) You have a good chance of actaully getting the seats you have booked on VS when you fly. I've always sat in the seat I've booked. The VS3 and the VS20 always operate on a 744 A/C so it's unlikey you will get an A/C change either.

3) Not 100% sure upgrading a N fare with cash, the VS fare code guide tells you what your fare options are. No mention of if you can upgrade it with cash though.

Regards