This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#7527 by RichardMannion
23 Aug 2005, 11:59
Some low fares appear to be flaoting around that seem strange as they are not advertised as such. For instance, I checked yesterday for MpM out to SFO at the end of Oct, and back from LAS 10 days later in Economy for 2 friends - £358 each inc taxes (which are ~£110)!

Strange thing is that there is no Economy MpM fare listed for SFO for October.... If you want roundtrip to SFO, that was even cheaper!

My two friends were in awe at the fare as the cheapest they had been able to get previously was over £500 and that was on another carrier and indirect!

Thanks,
Richard
#74160 by Jonathan
23 Aug 2005, 14:43
Sorry if I'm being thick Richard[:I]
But as you stated no Economy MpM faires are advertised for SFO or LAX from London in October.

So did you call FC to get these fares?
#74162 by RichardMannion
23 Aug 2005, 15:05
No such thing as a stupid question!

Basically, log in to your account, click ont he link in the righ hand pane to search for MpM. Select SFo and Month of travel, and then on the next scree, click on 'Book Flights' int he top pane and it then opens the proper search tool for flights.

Thanks,
Richard
#74168 by p17blo
23 Aug 2005, 16:22
I have noticed this happens quite a lot. For instance my folks where looking for MpM flight to MCO in April/May next year, they kept doing the first part of the search and seeing that the MpM flights where only available up until end of March, so they kept leaving it. If you continue into the booking engine flights where available for another 2 months past the original search returns.

The moral to this is try the booking engine irrespective of what the search returns

Paul
#74193 by Jonathan
23 Aug 2005, 17:40
I never knew that fares would show if they weren't advertised in the prevous summary!!

I guess thats why they get away with cheap fares as most people won't notice!!
Virgin Atlantic