This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#7562 by Winglets747
24 Aug 2005, 14:51
Hi all,
This is a bit off-topic, but I recently bought a set of Y seats from a Virgin 747. Sadly, one of them was missing its seat cover. I am wondering if anyone might know someone or some department I can contact to possibly obtain a seat cover for it. I would gladly reimburse VS for any expenses.

Thanks.

-Will
[email protected]
#74377 by Bazz
24 Aug 2005, 15:08
Hi Will, that is interesting, where did you source them? Some of us considered buying some J2000 seats a while back but the price was too high.

Good luck with the cover [y]
#74384 by Jonathan
24 Aug 2005, 16:02
[?] what do you with the seats - are they in your lounge? like a sofa replacement?
#74483 by Winglets747
25 Aug 2005, 06:02
I got them off eBay. The starting bid was $1, but I won them at $51--not a bad deal considering most seats go for $300+ and are just boring gray and blue seats (not the bright VS ones!).

There were probably not a lot of bids since shipping was offered at $1 a mile within 50 miles (I was within 50 miles), and beyond that, you were on your own.

If you would like, I can see if the seller has other seats, and possibly the J2000.

As for what I plan on doing with them, I will be doing some sitting in them but they are mostly just another odd-ball collectible (I also have an AA galley cart).

-Will
P.S. Where were the J2000 being sold, and how much?
#74484 by mcuth
25 Aug 2005, 07:55
Originally posted by Winglets747
I got them off eBay. The starting bid was $1, but I won them at $51--not a bad deal considering most seats go for $300+ and are just boring gray and blue seats (not the bright VS ones!).

Oh, you won these? :D Well done, ummm.... I think ;) We had a thread on that when they were for sale, see here

They were over £2000 per pair back in the early part of last year [:0]. This was the thread where that was discussed.

For both the seat cover & J2000, I'd contact VS directly regarding purchase - not sure which dept though!

Cheers

Michael
#74499 by Bazz
25 Aug 2005, 10:31
...I also have an AA galley cart...

Will, what time is the drinks service? :D
#74537 by Winglets747
25 Aug 2005, 15:38
Originally posted by mcuth

Oh, you won these? :D Well done, ummm.... I think ;) We had a thread on that when they were for sale, see here

They were over £2000 per pair back in the early part of last year [:0]. This was the thread where that was discussed.

Those would be them! I didn't even know you guys were talking about them. I hope I didn't outbid anyone here. ;)

I am amazed at how the price is for the J2000 seats. I am a bit afraid to know how much Virgin might want for a seat cover!

-Will
P.S. Drink service is right after take-off.
#74580 by mike-smashing
25 Aug 2005, 18:10
I am amazed at how the price is for the J2000 seats. I am a bit afraid to know how much Virgin might want for a seat cover!

Don't forget, some of the J2000 seats were pretty new, especially any which came out of the A346 fleet.

A number of the J2000 sets have ended up in other aircraft, including, reportedly, the Business Class cabin of the Icelandair 757 (TF-FII) used by BMI on the MAN-IAD flights.

Cheers,
Mike
#74651 by mcuth
26 Aug 2005, 03:53
Those would be them! I didn't even know you guys were talking about them. I hope I didn't outbid anyone here. ;)

LOL - I don't think you had much danger of outbidding anyone on here for them :D;)

Cheers

Michael
Virgin Atlantic