This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#7587 by xenole
26 Aug 2005, 01:45
Am I doing something wrong?
Got my e-ticket details including flight number(s), booking ref, ticket number, yet when I enter any of these to have a look at my details, I constantly get told that it cannot retrieve any information.

Is this connected with being a member of the flying club as I rejoined after booking s flight?
#74646 by NYCFlyer
26 Aug 2005, 02:01
Sounds strange!

I think the booking takes some time to get web accessible. Shouldn't be related to you FC status though. My last booking was not accessible until about 24 hours after I booked up.

Double check the locator cod as zero and O can be mixed up too.

Graham
#74656 by seany
26 Aug 2005, 04:17
Make sure you are not entering the reference code into the e-ticket no.
#74664 by Milliemoo
26 Aug 2005, 09:46
Hi there,

How many flights are in your booking. The system can only cope with a max of 4 (I think) flights per booking. So if your like me with a RTW ticket, you can't use 'manage my booking'.

Milliemoo
#74676 by xenole
26 Aug 2005, 11:25
Got a flight from Heathrow to JFK next month, returning from SFO a couple of weeks later, so 2 flights?
I've tried both sets of boxes and both comes out the same. Booked the flight 3 weeks ago, so there shouldn't be a 24 hour problem there, and there's still 2 weeks to go before I fly.

Definitely not entering the reference number.........
#74679 by newby
26 Aug 2005, 12:04
How bizarre - i would phone up VA if I were you as maybe the booking ref you have is wrong (numbers or letters transposed or something). The "manage my booking" section of the VA website is definately working today as I have just sorted seats for a flight in December as well as using on line check in for a flight tomorrow.

Hope you get it sorted

;-)
#74689 by Nottingham Nick
26 Aug 2005, 12:58
I agree with Newby, a call to VS may be the best thing to do.

If you do this, please let us know the outcome.

Nick
#74736 by KenJohn
26 Aug 2005, 17:10
Did you book on-line or with a travel agent.
If with a travel agent, it is likely they gave you an Amadeus booking reference (PNR) and not a Virgin booking reference (PNR). The two are different and the Virgin website does not recognise the Amadeus booking reference and vice versa.

If you ring VS, they can see both codes and let you know which one to use. Also, you can the Amadeus checkmytrip.com (not sure if I got this right, just look elsewhere on this forum) or similar which may display both the Amadeus reference and the Virgin reference.
#74751 by InsertNameHere
26 Aug 2005, 17:56
It happened to me as well - I phoned them up and was told it was a bug in the system. Anyhow, they fixed it.
#74845 by xenole
27 Aug 2005, 00:34
I've emailed them about it. If need be, I will phone them as I don't want to turn up at the airport and find by some remote chance that there's been a screw up.

When I tried to enter my Flying Club details a couple of weeks ago, had no luck then either. Phoned them up and found I had no account yet their system said I did, so there is a possibility their system is yet again to blame.
#75107 by bostonbrit
29 Aug 2005, 17:53
Originally posted by xenole
Got my e-ticket details including flight number(s), booking ref, ticket number, yet when I enter any of these to have a look at my details, I constantly get told that it cannot retrieve any information.

Is this connected with being a member of the flying club as I rejoined after booking s flight?

It's worth seeing if your itinerary has in fact been ticketed yet. Have you received your eticket - or has the expense shown up on your credit card statement? VS's systems sometimes have difficulty processing some credit cards, so the booking is made, but not ticketed. It wont show up on VS.com until ticketed.
#75110 by G-VROY
29 Aug 2005, 18:13
it takes around 24hours to get into the system. sotry waiting.
#75312 by xenole
31 Aug 2005, 13:49
Originally posted by bostonbrit
Originally posted by xenole

It's worth seeing if your itinerary has in fact been ticketed yet. Have you received your eticket - or has the expense shown up on your credit card statement? VS's systems sometimes have difficulty processing some credit cards, so the booking is made, but not ticketed. It wont show up on VS.com until ticketed.

Got the e-ticket within a few minutes after booking.......charge came off my credit card on the 9th August.
#75445 by xenole
01 Sep 2005, 00:29
Got a reply from Virgin customer services and details work fine for them.

Did manage to get my booking reference accepted, but no luck with the e-ticket number. Found you have to enter your first and last name, flighht number and date rather than what I was doing - details on the left or details on the right.
Virgin Atlantic