This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#7608 by SANDYT
26 Aug 2005, 18:34
Hello there folks - looking at the seat plan on the 747-400, it looks like the best seats (without paying a supplement) are those in Row 21, ie just behind the PE class. There appears to be some extra legroom here. Looking at the comments on the seat plans, it states that these are reserved for pax with mobility issues. Does anyone know if these seats are released 24hrs before the flight, ie so anyone can book them on the DIY online checkin, or are they allocated at the very last minute, ie at the gate?

Many thanks.
#74783 by InsertNameHere
26 Aug 2005, 20:00
If they are pre-reserved, then I expect that they would be only allocated at checkin at the airport (like exit rows and bulkheads) - not online. Try 61/62/63 A,C,H and K - they have more room as well especially next to the seat on A&K and they can be pre-allocated.

I'm assuming this is a Gatwick 747 btw.
#74787 by VS-EWR
26 Aug 2005, 20:20
I cannot answer your question, but I should warn you that these seats are usually where the babies are because the cots can be put there. It really depends on whether you want to risk it or not. But I was able to get bulkhead seats once without babies present, and I must say, it was a really enjoyable experience.
#74849 by Virgin Lover
27 Aug 2005, 00:56
Hi,

They are not usually released for booking online, but you can ask for them at the airport. It is however, virgin policy to hold bulkhead seats for families with babies who require sky cots which attach to the bulkhead. Due to this fact, that front area of economy on the LGW flights is nearly always full of families with babies or small children.

Hope this helps.

Neil.
#74850 by webdes03
27 Aug 2005, 00:58
Originally posted by VS-EWR
I cannot answer your question, but I should warn you that these seats are usually where the babies are because the cots can be put there. It really depends on whether you want to risk it or not. But I was able to get bulkhead seats once without babies present, and I must say, it was a really enjoyable experience.

Agreed! I had a bulkhead in Y class on a 343 last year... lots of room. I could actually get up from the window and walk around the person sitting in the aisle seat... there is quite a bit of room, at least on the 343's.
Virgin Atlantic