This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#7629 by NYCFlyer
28 Aug 2005, 11:12
Have not used OLCI before and am due to travel UCS on 07SEP. I really would like to ensure I keep my current seat allocation and read that OLCI might just help.

From reading the VS website it would seem that if I use OLCI then the bag drop is a general area. Since this area would also be for Y and PE pax as well does it slow down the process and how do you then get Fastrack and CH invite? Or would I just be best off checking in as normal 3 hours before departure?

Any suggestions or help appreciated as always.

Graham
#74982 by Nottingham Nick
28 Aug 2005, 11:20
Graham

For our recent UC trips, I used OLCI for exactly the reason you have stated. I then went to the UC check in the following morning without any problem at all.

The bag drop is a general area, and it seems to be getting more and more popular.

I used the UC check in because there was no wait. Our fasttrack vouchers were given to us at check in and we just showed our boarding cards to get into the CH.

Nick
#74984 by anteo
28 Aug 2005, 12:21
OK, youre getting me worried now, I was just going to go to the UC desks at T-3 tomorrow as I have bags to check in anyway. Has anybody had a pre reserved seat taken off them and does it happen regularly???

Martin
#74986 by Nottingham Nick
28 Aug 2005, 12:34
Originally posted by anteo
Has anybody had a pre reserved seat taken off them and does it happen regularly???

I don't know how regularly it happens (if at all), but it is no hassle to use OLCI, and it was a case of 'better safe than sorry'.

Nick
#74988 by honey lamb
28 Aug 2005, 12:37
The only time we didn't get our pre-assigned seats was when the seat went "tech" and the suite wouldn't convert to a bed. However it ended up with an aircraft change so we were allowed to take our original seats when the doors closed.
#75045 by timsdm
29 Aug 2005, 02:03
I've had my uc seats that were pre booked taken from me at check, with no apparent reason.
So I think I will use OLCI this on my trip shortly to guarantee we get the seats we reserved, and still use the UC check in to drop off our bags and pick up fast track and CH invites.
#75046 by NYCFlyer
29 Aug 2005, 02:20
Originally posted by timsdm
I've had my uc seats that were pre booked taken from me at check, with no apparent reason.
So I think I will use OLCI this on my trip shortly to guarantee we get the seats we reserved, and still use the UC check in to drop off our bags and pick up fast track and CH invites.

Thanks for all the assistance, that is what I shall do too.

Graham
Virgin Atlantic