This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#7648 by SANDYT
29 Aug 2005, 17:27
Hello, I have a Virgin CC and will qualify for a free companion flight in February. Obviously there's small print attached to this offer, the seats have to be a certain category, ie V or J or something, but when I start looking for prices on the Virgin site, how do I know which category seats they are offering???
Many thanks
Sandy
#75103 by preiffer
29 Aug 2005, 17:34
Hi Sandy,

The short answer to your question is "with great difficulty" - a search on the forums will reveal that lots of people want this functionality, but it doesn't yet exist on Virgin-Atlantic.com

Basically, any of the "flexible" options should be OK for a companion ticket, but there are a couple of ways to make sure:

1) Call VS directly, and ask them for a quote for a "companionable" fare - they can do it there and then.
2) Subscribe to something like Expertflyer.com (we have a discount deal here) to get the accurate fare costs, based on class.
3) Take a look at the fare rules when booking a ticket on travelocity/expedia etc. The first letter of the "fare basis" is the class.

Companionable fares are classes: L/B/Y/S/W/J (in ascending order of cost). If you want more info on fare classes, a click here might help ;)

(PS - Are you really from the Stansted in Uzbekistan?! [:p])
#75114 by SANDYT
29 Aug 2005, 18:54
Many thanks for the useful info Preiffer - I had no idea I was from Uzbekistan (I can't even spell it) - let me change it now... Come to think of it, it sounds sexier than Essex...