This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#7657 by stephen
30 Aug 2005, 18:24
During our RTW we transit through LAX on a Taihiti PPT to SFO Run and have 4 hours to kill. My question, is the VS Clubhouse anywhere near my transit route in the airport ie airside landside etc and is there any point in asking VS if we can use it as our three sectors on VS metal are all UC. I have never been to LAX so have no idea if this is even possible.

For reference we fly into LAX on a NZ flight from PPT and depart on United Airlines to SFO.[8D]

Or any other bright idears[i] We are all going to be in a right state as we will have left PPT at 0230 on 01.01.06 yup thats 2hrs 30 mins after New Years Eve[8D][8D][8D]
#75201 by Nottingham Nick
30 Aug 2005, 18:30
Stephen

There isn't a Clubhouse at LAX, VS share the Air Canada Maple Leaf lounge, and from what I have read on these forums, it isn't really up to that much.

Others, who have experienced it, may correct me though.

This is the official line: "Upper Class passengers can use the Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge and all of its facilities, from the self service bar and snack facilities, through to a wide range of newspapers. Credit card phones and fax machines are also provided. The lounge is located in Terminal 2."

Nick
#75207 by DavidM
30 Aug 2005, 19:18
Originally posted by Nottingham Nick
Stephen

There isn't a Clubhouse at LAX, VS share the Air Canada Maple Leaf lounge, and from what I have read on these forums, it isn't really up to that much.

Others, who have experienced it, may correct me though.

I think you're pretty much spot on there, Nick. I've used the lounge a couple of times and would rate it a little way above Burger King. :D

Stephen - it's always worth asking nicely, but I'd be surprised if VS will give you access to this shared lounge since you are not flying out from LAX with them. Good luck, anyway.

David
#75216 by Jonathan
30 Aug 2005, 20:04
Stephen,
as your not flying on a VS flight from LAX officially you wont have access

That being said it never hurts to ask

What flights are you in UC as you wont have a problem using the lounges then:D

SFO has a clubhouse for example
#75279 by Bazz
31 Aug 2005, 10:11
Stephen, to add to what the other have said, the AC lounge is airside in T2. If you have no luck there is a Priority Pass lounge across the landing on the mezzanine level which may help. If not a member, you could see if you can buy access to a lounge, sometimes this is possible.

Good luck.
#75286 by stephen
31 Aug 2005, 10:39
Thanx 4 all your help our UC flights on VS are LHR - HKG HKG - SYD SFO - LHR so cant wait to try all these clubhouses.

I think I will buy myself Lounge access at LAX as the inlaws really do need to be looked after;)
Virgin Atlantic