This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#7726 by Edna Cloud
03 Sep 2005, 13:18
Just musing about amenity kits…

As I mentioned in my last trip report, the new Upper Class amenity kit no longer contains any polo mints, moisturiser, or tissues. I know that there are breath freshening strips to replace the mints, and moisturiser and tissues are provided in the washrooms, but I don’t think that is quite the same. However, the other thing which I missed from the kit was any kind of notepad. Often during a flight, I want to scribble a few things down and I just couldn’t find anything (other than a sick bag) to write on. I was slightly surprised by the absence of paper because I remembered that there was a pad and pen in the economy kit. However, speaking to someone on a Virgin flight on Friday, there was no longer the notepad in the economy kit either. I checked the VS website and it says that there are postcards in the outbound kit. Has anyone seen them? Are they a suitable replacement for a notepad? What is going on with the paper rationing? What is left in the economy amenity kit? The inbound (to the UK) is especially sparse. However, do any other airlines do better when it comes to the goodie bags? I’d like to think that Virgin is still the industry leader, but don’t have any comparisons. Anyone else had any kits from other airlines?

Edna
#75738 by virgin is the best
03 Sep 2005, 16:04
Pads and Tissues have been taken out of all Kits in all cabins. You will notice lots of things missing from all areas of the Aircraft and service soon. Look out for a new Y kit soon too.

Small and cheap springs to mind.
#75745 by VS-EWR
03 Sep 2005, 17:52
Well, I don't necessarily care about most of the stuff, the only things I really use from my kit are the notepad and pen. But from the sound of it, the notepad will be lost.

Costcutting=[n]
Free Stuff=[y]
#75755 by Edna Cloud
03 Sep 2005, 22:26
You will notice lots of things missing from all areas of the Aircraft and service soon.

EEK! This sounds ominous, Virgin is the Best. Are you able to let us know any of these changes? Thanks for the "heads up" anyway.

E
#75760 by s0436
04 Sep 2005, 00:06
Originally posted by virgin is the best
You will notice lots of things missing from all areas of the Aircraft and service soon.

Well they can't get rid of the suites lol, and that is the main thing. I imagine they'll cut down on costs of food (again), maybe charge for use of sms/email on board, lower the costs of blankets and pillows in UC...maybe, hire a less experienced captain and co-pilot[:p]
#75762 by mcmbenjamin
04 Sep 2005, 00:19
...maybe, hire a less experienced captain and co-pilot

Where do I send my resume? I am very experienced in Piper Arrows if anyone has one they need flown around. But I am not advertising my services. That would be illegal according to FAA. I must hold out like a good boy. See a Commercial pilot certificate is pointless. :)

Benjamin
#75769 by honey lamb
04 Sep 2005, 01:00
maybe, hire a less experienced captain and co-pilot

Well my 16 year old son has just under 6 hours flying experience under his belt. I reckon he would be perfect for the job! :D[}:)]
#75776 by VS-EWR
04 Sep 2005, 04:54
I can fly....a plane simulator...[^][:0]
#75785 by freeway
04 Sep 2005, 12:31
From 2 September the red satin cushions on the Upper Class Suite and
the flower and vase on the Upper Class bar will no longer be loaded.

From 5 September the economy mid flight snacks on night flights will
no longer be loaded.
Biscuits will still be available to offer customers looking for a snack between meals.

From the end of October the note pad and tissues will be removed
from the economy amenity kit.
#75808 by VS-EWR
04 Sep 2005, 16:01
Originally posted by freeway
From the end of October the note pad and tissues will be removed
from the economy amenity kit.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I love my notepads.

How dare they take my notepads.

Does BA have notepads?

At least they won't take pens....yet.
#75810 by kkempton
04 Sep 2005, 16:08
I cant believe how cheap VS are getting. The notepad was really really useful to me. They may only be small things, but they are being lost and the small things always make trips more pleasent. Shame on you VS management.
BTW, what were the night snacks avaliable, and biscuits are avaliable? Did not know that.
Virgin Atlantic