This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#76881 by fozzyo
13 Sep 2005, 16:40
Waiting for the first V-Flyer tag / merchandise ....

Also, just noticed at the top:
Listed in category: Collectables > Transportation > Aeronautica > Airlines > British Airways

Foz xxx
#76901 by kkempton
13 Sep 2005, 19:10
Who would b uy that??? Its useless!!! And what were they thinking of when they categorised it???
#76913 by stephen
13 Sep 2005, 21:09
Originally posted by fozzyo
Waiting for the first V-Flyer tag / merchandise ....

We could try some V-Flyer merchandise on e-bay to swell the coffers of the site admin...pete would agree????[i][i][i]
what do you think[y][n][y][n][^][V][^][V]
#76914 by p17blo
13 Sep 2005, 21:09
You say it's useless but is it. Apparently being Au give you priority baggage handling. How do they know you are Au, by your luggage tag, so you could possible get some priority baggage handling by buying this tag. Would the baggage handlers look closely enough to see that the name didn;t match up and that it was out of date?

Paul
#76917 by VS-EWR
13 Sep 2005, 21:20
Originally posted by p17blo
You say it's useless but is it. Apparently being Au give you priority baggage handling. How do they know you are Au, by your luggage tag, so you could possible get some priority baggage handling by buying this tag. Would the baggage handlers look closely enough to see that the name didn;t match up and that it was out of date?

Paul

Yes, but when they compare the name on the tag to the one on the baggage slip they might get a little bit suspicious..;)
#76929 by kkempton
13 Sep 2005, 22:02
Plus the tags out of date. From what it looks like, it looks like it expired in 2004
#76932 by Strawberry Muppet
13 Sep 2005, 22:18
The geezer is selling/has sold a lot of airline stuff, someone even bought a sealed Lufthansa airline blanket from him. Why?

The Strawb
#76943 by GatorBaiter
13 Sep 2005, 23:14
And one of the funniest things is that this guy is probably getting really excited at the number of hits he's getting on his item, when in fact it's all us loyal V-Flyers who are upping his counter just to see what a chancer he is! [:o)]

Jacq
#76944 by some guy
13 Sep 2005, 23:16
Maybe the guy selling it is indeed a V-flyer? "seat 1a upper"?

Own up.........
#76955 by mungo
14 Sep 2005, 00:11
I am selling a 21st birthday virgin atlantic teashirt at the moment on ebay and the current bid £26. I am also selling an UC amenity kit current bid £6. I have had requests for postage details to the States and Austria. These are things I dont need in my house and its simple to list them and get rid of them.
Not bad for freebies, helps pay for the UC seats.

What is the best thing you have sold?
#76962 by RichardMannion
14 Sep 2005, 01:01
Originally posted by VS-EWR
Originally posted by p17blo

Paul

Yes, but when they compare the name on the tag to the one on the baggage slip they might get a little bit suspicious..;)

It used to be done by tag, as handlers were informed to watch out for the bags to amke sure htey were loaded into the right 'bins' and that they were unloaded first at the other end. As some of you who have been here for some time, I have had many a time an issue with this procedure were it was not being followed and a string of reasons (excuses) given.

However now, it is done at check-in via the new bagage handling system - it will work from your booking to put the correct coding on the bag to ensure it is loaded into the correct bin. They were working on the oversight of being manually able overriding the system so an AU flying in Y had their bags put in the J or W bin. In the meantime they were phonign down and mnaully asking the handlers to watch out for my luggage to ensure it was put in the correct bin.

Thanks,
Richard
#76973 by Svenska
14 Sep 2005, 04:11
Thanks for clarifying this process as I was thinking the tag could be useful!
#76979 by Littlejohn
14 Sep 2005, 09:05
Some people like to have lots of little gold danglies on their luggage as they wheel it through the airport. Just a bit of snobbery I suppose. However I wouldn't be suprised if he manages to get a few quid for it, even if he does sell it to the sort of person who wears a "I've been to Orlando" T-shirt and has stickers from all over Europe on the back of their caravan.:D

#76994 by Bazz
14 Sep 2005, 11:33
Originally posted by SBA
Maybe the guy selling it is indeed a V-flyer? "seat 1a upper"?

Own up.........

This person was a member of v-flyer but his account is now closed. This decision was made by the Moderators because of the behaviour of said individual on the site.

Bazz
#77003 by AlanA
14 Sep 2005, 12:05
The only tag I wish I had got (and by that I mean done it properly by taking the flight) was a Concorde luggage tag :-(
#77005 by RichardMannion
14 Sep 2005, 12:16
Originally posted by AlanA
The only tag I wish I had got (and by that I mean done it properly by taking the flight) was a Concorde luggage tag :-(

I have the sterling silver Concorde tag, and a number of the long hard plastic versions. Maybe I should consider it as an auction item for a future V-Flyer event.

Thanks,
Richard
#77007 by AlanA
14 Sep 2005, 12:25
[xx(] (closest I could get to jealousy smiley :D)
#77014 by jaguarpig
14 Sep 2005, 13:35
and a number of the long hard plastic versions

ooh errr more tea vicar:D

I have a propper 1994 one,all a little hazey now too much 85 Dom Perignon on route[xx(]:D
#77057 by AlanA
14 Sep 2005, 20:06
STOP IT! NOT FAIR!! :D:D:D:D
#77594 by Pete
20 Sep 2005, 00:45
The latest eBay item here.

Has to be one of the most hideous things I've ever laid eyes on! No wonder Branson gave it back ;)

Pete
#77595 by VS-EWR
20 Sep 2005, 01:22
Originally posted by pixuk

Has to be one of the most hideous things I've ever laid eyes on! No wonder Branson gave it back ;)

Pete

Not to mention that it doesn't even look like him...
#77607 by Nottingham Nick
20 Sep 2005, 08:15
This is the second time around for it as well[:0]

It is amazing that no one snapped it up, when it was first offered at such a bargain price. [}:)];)

Nick
#77608 by slinky09
20 Sep 2005, 08:27
Golly it's freaky, would give me the bumps if I had to see it everyday.
#77614 by HighFlyer
20 Sep 2005, 09:47

Oh that is hideous isnt it LOL :D:D
Virgin Atlantic