This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#7990 by malikifx
20 Sep 2005, 07:22
. . . is far better than VS service on routes to the US.

Whether in Economy, PE or Upper Class, Virgin Atlantic has to benchmark the far superior product currently on offer on the LHR-BOM (and soon on the LHR-DEL) route by Jet Airways/9W. And with Air Sahara/s2 getting on to this route soon too, it can only get more competitive.

However, VS will need to do better than fly its '93 green-engine Virgin Niegeria A-340 on this route.

I was told this by cabin crew (most of whom were ex-9w themselves) on my LHR-DEL flight. Point is, on the LHR-USA routes, VS ends up benchmarking the othe British and American carriers (except on LHR-JFK/EWR, where a variety of other operators raise the bar) and so doesn't really have to try too hard.

In any case, the difference is visible. More so after the surly service at LHR where it seems people at the baggage drop as well as "Plane Talking" counters are really really not interested in customer service.

For what it is worth, I now have enough tier points on VS + SQ to reach VS-Gold, but just "pimp my lounge" does not an airline make.

Fly VS on India routes to see what cabin service really is. Now if only they could use the newer and better airplanes, which they will soon have to, if they want to survive in this competitive but profitable market towards India.

This user was removed for continued abuse of the site & members in future threads
#77681 by VS-EWR
20 Sep 2005, 13:06
The 343s really aren't that old, compared to the planes of other airlines, and since VS is currently putting UCS on the 343s I doubt they will be gone soon. As the build on that route grows, VS probably will add a 346 or a 744, as more 346s enter the fleet.
#79620 by BrightonCelt
04 Oct 2005, 19:17
Thanks for that info. I am flying PE to BOM in November and despite searching threads couldn't really find much feedback from the LHR-BOM route. You've really put my mind at rest that I'm now looking forward to the flight.