This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#8017 by JohnD
22 Sep 2005, 10:51
Its a long way off hey - but hey I like to plan:D

A group of 7 of us will be returning from Orlando in February - I have preselected seats (at the back) and am wondering whats the best / most effcient way of dealing with the return check in - do I find a cybercafe and check in via OLCI? Or do I use the Disney twilight check in or do I do BOTH?

What do the Gurus say?
#77998 by andrew.m.wright
22 Sep 2005, 14:28
If I were you I'd use the Downtown Disney Check In.

It's been discussed here before so a search will tell you more about opening times etc ... as will the Virgin web site

On that score get there between 8am, and 9am when there's little or no wait. You'll get rid of the cases, and collect your boarding cards, all of which means you can go straight to the gate at O.I.A.

Worked great for me in March.

However there is a $10 per person charge.[:0]
#77999 by wood07
22 Sep 2005, 15:02
We have never used Downtown Disney Check In. Having young children we have found it works better for us to arrange a late check out, take our time in the morning, perhaps spend some time at the pool/nip out for a few hours. Then we have all the facilities available where we are staying to change, finish packing etc.. before heading straight for MCO. You can still use OLCI or as ag member you can use PE check in at MCO.
#78075 by Dave Adkins
23 Sep 2005, 09:31
Downtown Disney Checkin opens at 08:30. We got there tuesday (20th) at 0930 and it was empty. If you book with VH you should get vouchers to use if free. We always use it as it gives us the rest of the day to do as we please.
#78079 by JohnD
23 Sep 2005, 10:05
Thanks for these replies - they are all very informative - very slightly OT but what do the Gurus belive to be the max number of persons that can decently use the PE checkin on an AG (As many as Seven ?)[:I]
#78084 by Dave Adkins
23 Sep 2005, 10:51
Which Check-in? The downtown Disney check-in it doesn't matter because there are no separate checkin desks. I don't know about MCO but I believe that there is a 'sensible' limit applied but what it is I don't Know.
#78086 by FamilyMan
23 Sep 2005, 11:24
John,

I think 7 might be stretching it a bit but it will depend on how busy they are.

If you are close enough to Downtown Disney I would recommend checking all your bags there but hold a couple back for your requirements that day. Armed with boarding cards and most of your baggage checked in it is a simple matter for the family to grab something to eat while you use the PE check-in to drop off your remaining bags.

We used DT Disney Check-in in May and quite honestly I do not know how we would have managed without it and we were only 4.

Maybe someone advise whether all party members need to be present at DT check-in or can other family members be relaxing elsewhere.

Phil (Buffy)
#78089 by Dave Adkins
23 Sep 2005, 11:58
For Downtown Disney Chackin like the Twilight at Gatwick everyone who is travelling HAS to be present. We had a minor hiccup on tuesday when the security guy wanted us to get our son (who is disabled)out of the van and over to the check in desk. But as I pointed out it was a major pain getting him in and out of the van, so the guy came over to the van instead :D (I had pointed out that that's what normally happens for us;))
#78137 by Treelo
23 Sep 2005, 19:05
John,
Do use the Downtown Disney check-in - it really is fabulous. Get rid of all of your hold baggage and only keep your in-cabin baggage with you for the rest of the day. It is soooooooooooooooooo easy!
#78758 by Jimmy Mc
28 Sep 2005, 17:19
Originally posted by Treelo
John,
Do use the Downtown Disney check-in - it really is fabulous. Get rid of all of your hold baggage and only keep your in-cabin baggage with you for the rest of the day. It is soooooooooooooooooo easy!

Couldnt agree more.....[8D]

Was in and out of check in at DTD within 10 minutes, and then a nice day at leisure before coming home.
Virgin Atlantic