This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#8096 by honey lamb
27 Sep 2005, 23:00
Have any V-Flyers been successful in the Swingers competition and will be at the Grove on October 6th?
#78693 by honey lamb
27 Sep 2005, 23:36
Originally posted by preiffer
I guess this post explains the departure to the airline of the dark side... ;)

Well with fares at Û4.99 each way when it was likely he would be successful, they were hard to pass up on and Aer Lingus couldn't come anywhere near them. Alas, however after booking the outbound dropped to Û0.01 (yup, that's right - 1 cent) but to counterbalance that the return rose to a whopping Û179.99 [:0]

Looks like I made the right decision for once :D
#78696 by AerJohn
27 Sep 2005, 23:42
Yes i will be at the Grove next week but you already know that.:D
#78718 by sky
28 Sep 2005, 08:25
Enjoy! The Grove is a lovely hotel, I used to retreat out there when I needed a break from London, despite not playing golf!

Cheers
sky
#78819 by honey lamb
28 Sep 2005, 22:18
I guess this post explains the departure to the airline of the dark side... ;)

The "airline of the dark side" has thrown up an interesting conundrum. Needing a car to transport us to and from Stansted and also to shuttle us from the hotel to The Grove, etc I decided to use Ryanair's website. I was quite surprised to find the link led me to the Hertz website and I got a quote of just over Û63 for a Ford Focus. "Hmm!", thinks I to myself, "Why not do it via the VS website and earn 1,000 miles as well?" So off I trot to the website key in the information and receive a quote for the same date, time and model of car which converts into well over Û90 [:0]

I think on this instance I'll forego the 1,000 miles [:(]
#79278 by alexb
02 Oct 2005, 00:29
I will also be heading to the grove
#79351 by AndyRabbit
02 Oct 2005, 21:55
honeylamb,

You can produce your FC card when you collect a car from Hertz... it doesn't seem to matter where or how you book it.

I have booked in similar situations and always receive my miles - just make sure they have your FC number up front.

You could try to claim them after the event, but this can take a long time.

Don't forego miles - that's against the law!
#80076 by preiffer
07 Oct 2005, 14:09
I'm presuming there's good news to come out of this little event, Honey Lamb?

Link here

Some snippets:

Our youngest Flying Club Swinger, John Tanner from Cork in Ireland became our first Flying Club Swingers champion at the end of season Final on 6th October.

However, Cork's John Tanner, still just 16 years of age, scored an incredible 41 points to walk away with the title. John won a pair of Upper Class tickets to a Virgin Atlantic destination of his choice, a Callaway Heavenwood Hybrid Club and an Evisu Golf Bag.

John, who's handicap has dropped from 15 to 10 during the course of the summer, is a regular traveller with Virgin Atlantic, and now has the enviable task of choosing a new destination to visit. The delight at winning the title was matched by the knowledge that he had proved some of his mates back home wrong! Before leaving for the UK, his friends had quoted him 40-1 against winning the title. There's no doubt who had the last laugh on his return home!

Well done [y][y][y] :D

So, where's he taking you?
#80078 by Scrooge
07 Oct 2005, 14:21
Congrat John and of course proud mom,I do hope he's taking you somewhere nice.
#80091 by honey lamb
07 Oct 2005, 15:53
I'm presuming there's good news to come out of this little event, Honey Lamb?

Link here

Some snippets:

Our youngest Flying Club Swinger, John Tanner from Cork in Ireland became our first Flying Club Swingers champion at the end of season Final on 6th October.

However, Cork's John Tanner, still just 16 years of age, scored an incredible 41 points to walk away with the title. John won a pair of Upper Class tickets to a Virgin Atlantic destination of his choice, a Callaway Heavenwood Hybrid Club and an Evisu Golf Bag.

John, who's handicap has dropped from 15 to 10 during the course of the summer, is a regular traveller with Virgin Atlantic, and now has the enviable task of choosing a new destination to visit. The delight at winning the title was matched by the knowledge that he had proved some of his mates back home wrong! Before leaving for the UK, his friends had quoted him 40-1 against winning the title. There's no doubt who had the last laugh on his return home!

Well done [y][y][y] :D

So, where's he taking you?

Yes, indeed congratulations are in order and thank you very much for them. We had a great day and I'll post more soon when we have managed to descend from Cloud Nine! :D
#80163 by mcuth
08 Oct 2005, 00:50
Congratulations John! Wow - we all know a famous golfer ;)

Cheers

Michael
#80188 by Bazz
08 Oct 2005, 13:13
Well done John, congrats and enjoy your prize. I am sure you will think of somewhere interesting to go where you can play a few holes ;)[8D]
#80208 by seany
08 Oct 2005, 17:06
Well done matey [y][y][y].
#80216 by Nottingham Nick
08 Oct 2005, 17:40
Many congrats to John [y][y] and vicarious congrats to honeylamb.

Will look forward to the full report. ;)

Nick
#80221 by Littlejohn
08 Oct 2005, 18:20
Well done indeed! To think I know (well perhaps "know" is pushing it a little) a golf star who's probably a friend of Tiger's[8D]
#80515 by RichardMannion
11 Oct 2005, 19:35
Well done John! Hope you go somewhere nice with your two UC tickets!

Those extra rounds in Disney must have helped ;)

Thanks,
Richard
Virgin Atlantic