This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#78834 by preiffer
28 Sep 2005, 22:47
Originally posted by sandersonm
Got a Virgin CC award of a companion ticket this summer, was considering booking it in next few months for a flight in Nov 2006 and upgrading to UC using 20,000 miles/person/sector for;

a) PE to MCO, upgrading both to UC (S Class = £887)
b) PE to St Lucia, upgrading both to UC (S Class = £1041)

Big question is whats the best value PE fare I can buy and then upgrade to UC? Does The cheaper K class allow companion ticket + upgrades?
Hi "M", and welcome to the site [y]:D

OK, on the K-class front, unfortunately not - companion tickets need an S class or above. (as you've got quotes for, I see [y] )

The other little "sting in the tail" with your plan is that you're not able to upgrade a companion fare, I'm afraid. You can upgrade the S using miles, but the companion fare will be stuck in the class that it was originally booked within (U for PE). If your intention was to upgrade both tickets to Upper, I'm afraid you're likely to be disappointed...
#78835 by preiffer
28 Sep 2005, 22:51
... for more detail on upgrading Companion Fares, the following two threads might be useful:

Thread 1
Thread 2
#78857 by Scrooge
29 Sep 2005, 03:17
Originally posted by sandersonm
Ta for the info, thought the idea of using miles 20,000 to upgrade a CT PE fare to UC it was to good too be true.

Sounds like the folk on the VFF Helpline dont agree..

Shall phone them again tomorrow to ask once more. (fingers crossed)

If they let you do it then book the flight there and then,after hanging up with them run around the house/office and wave your hands in the air..:D