This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#8140 by webdes03
29 Sep 2005, 15:45
Ok, this may be a stupid question, but I have to ask it...

Firstly I love VS... but why, why, would they even put CO destinations in their booking options if every time you try to fly to them, you get the generic, "we were unable to find any flights" message.

I want to fly on Nov 1 from SYR to EWR with CO, then on to LHR with VS. I can book it through CO, valid connection of 3 hours 23 minutes, flight CO2016 and CO8222 (operated by VS) -- but Virgin tells me that no connection exists for the return, on the 9th of november. Odly enough, CO found a connection, flight CO8221 (operated by VS) and CO3267, valid connection of 2 hours 5 minutes.

I've tried using 5 days +/- of the 9th for the return, and VS still tells me there is no flights! It's just frustraiting because I want to upgrade to PE on the VS segment, hopefully using miles, but I obviously will have trouble there...

So my question is...

If I book it with CO, do I have to book a specific CO fare class to earn my VS mileage? Also... is there a specific CO fare class I should book that would maybe let me upgrade to PE in EWR- or is this completely impossible?