This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#8204 by Gelding
03 Oct 2005, 12:01
Rang the FC for the first time yesterday and for some reason was expecting a painful affair. (I seem to hate using modern day call centers)[:(!]

Anyway was trying to upgrade my economy ticket up to PE using miles for mine and the wifes trip to NYC this month. As I suspected it was an N class so absolutley no chance of getting any thing on the upgrade front [:(], but the service I got off a nice lady was FANTASTIC!

She was nice and chatty and really couldn't help me enough and seemed genuinely gutted when she couldn't process me an upgrade.

With all the negatives being spoken about on here (I agree and have expirenced most!) I thought it would be good to show there are still some good things left!:D
#79406 by Nottingham Nick
03 Oct 2005, 12:21
Thanks for that, Gelding.

We have said many time in the past that service usually only gets talked about when it isn't up to scratch. It is the old 'When I am right no one remembers, but when I am wrong no one forgets' scenario. [:I]

Nice to hear you were well looked after.

Nick
#79533 by Dave Adkins
04 Oct 2005, 08:24
I agree with you both,I rang the FC the other morning with a long list of questions regarding companion fares etc. The lady I spoke with was extremely friendly and helpful, and even offered to get back to me with some answers she didn't have directly to hand:) It is nice to know that the FC doesn't use a 'call-centre' too.
#79698 by webdes03
05 Oct 2005, 00:57
I rang the US Reservations number today to enquire on a schedule for November. Hold time was under 5 minutes... the woman I spoke to was excellent. I've never had a bad experience with the FC or Res phone numbers. I too am used to terrible phone support.

I will also add, that I also phoned Continental today. Per the suggestion of the lady at VS, to ensure that W class on CO was a mileage earning fare (as I was booking a CO-VS/VS-CO routing)...

I was not expecting good service from CO, but that was also excellent. Hold time of around 10 minutes, but the guy answered the phone as "Thank you for calling Continental, This is Jeremy in Salt Lake City, Utah, How may I help you!?!" in this really chearful voice.

My first time calling CO, and at the suggestion of VS... I'm glad that my favorite airlines are using people I can actually understand when I call... not like some of the other call centers out there...
#79751 by KenJohn
05 Oct 2005, 14:30
Wonder if Gold Card operators are picking up regular lines if they are free. Do not see why not. Gold Card telephone line during business hours normally gets you great and friendly service.
Virgin Atlantic