This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#8292 by Littlejohn
07 Oct 2005, 16:16
i am just planning a holiday over to Cape Town. I can get a good miles fare for the otherhalf LHR-CPT-LHR. So that part is easy. However I have to be in durban the week before joining her in CPT. So I need to fly LHR-DUR/Dur-CPT/Cpt-LHR. Of course I want to fly back on the same VS flight as the other half. Anyone got any suggestions on how the best way is to go about finding a more complex fare like that.
#80128 by honey lamb
07 Oct 2005, 20:26
How about SAA who are partners with VS and an open jaw LHR-JNB/CPT-LHR? I'm sure a call to the Premier team would help you with that
#80129 by David_Doyle
07 Oct 2005, 20:35
I'd 2nd the LHR-JNB / CPT-LHR option.

If going via the Virgin web site, just click on 'More Booking Options' on the front page and you can then choose a different return leg.

Internally within South Africa there's SAA, British Airways ( Comair, a BA franchise like GB Airways ) and Kulula ( http://www.kulula.com ) who are cheap and fun.

David.
#80162 by jmf
08 Oct 2005, 00:31
Slightly off topic, but I have to ask, Sailor are these trips to Brazil followed by this latest on to Durban anything to do with the Clipper race?
#80177 by Littlejohn
08 Oct 2005, 10:18
Thanks all for the advice. I managed to get the LHR-CPT-LHR as a miles fare, so an outlay of just £120 for that one. The LHR-DUR/CPT-LHR open jaw VS managed to sort at £550 +2000 miles (Ta HoneyLamb - I didn't think VS would be able to set this up for me). The company pays that bit, and I saved them a bit of cash. I had quotes for DUR-CPT one way at £138, but checked out kulula.com. What a whizzy site, and just £46. So a saving of nearly a ton there (Top tip David). All in all a holiday to CPT for the rear admiral and I at just £186 on the flights - Woopee.

JMF - yes. To be followed by trips to Perth, Qingdao and NY + maybe Victoria.
#80180 by honey lamb
08 Oct 2005, 11:37
I had quotes for DUB-CPT one way at £138,

Coo! Where did you get that one? I might try it [:0]:D[:0]

I'd forgotten about Kulula although my brother (who lives in Durban) mentioned it to me before. Glad we could help
#80218 by Littlejohn
08 Oct 2005, 17:50
Originally posted by honey lamb
I had quotes for DUB-CPT one way at £138,

Coo! Where did you get that one? I might try it [:0]:D[:0]

Doh! Post corrected.
#80360 by David_Doyle
10 Oct 2005, 16:03
Originally posted by sailor99
I had quotes for DUR-CPT one way at £138, but checked out kulula.com. What a whizzy site, and just £46. So a saving of nearly a ton there

Excellent result :) Glad to have been of help.

David.
Virgin Atlantic