This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#80464 by hamishbrown
11 Oct 2005, 14:24
ok - i incorrectly assumed it was 74730 that had started the Press angle, which was my main concern about this whole "M & M" and the "famous family" episode - and for that i am sorry - but i feel quite right to be allowed to voice my suprise that VS has gone well beyond any expectations in resolving this matter - good luck to 74730 and his upgrades (especially if they are 'confirmed upgrades' and not 'space available upgrades' as some other airlines will hand out)...
#80474 by easygoingeezer
11 Oct 2005, 15:15
Lets just be happy that everyone concerned is now happy, otherwise VA just can't win can they lol,

I also suggested writing a letter, there is a lot to be said for a balanced well thought out letter of complaint with undertones of mutual respect, it would appear that the OP did this and got a respectfull result from customer services.

I would have still sent some M&M's though just for a laugh:D
#80508 by mungo
11 Oct 2005, 19:04
Have you considered that maybe VA has done this for the celebrity couple and not for the complainer.
It is probably worth a bit of tactful handling on their part to keep the celebs happy and out of the spot light! Just a thought.
#80546 by preiffer
11 Oct 2005, 23:03
Originally posted by 747340
This guy NOTTINGHAM NICK.....

Talks total rubbish
Hmm... I would have to say that hundreds (in fact, probably thousands) would disagree ;)

Let's leave any personal attacks out of the forums :)
#80550 by preiffer
11 Oct 2005, 23:11
I personlly think this is well out of order and if you pay for PE there is a PE service reguardless of who you are.
I think this was the real point - YOU got PE service. Full stop.
(Are you saying you wouldn't be interested if a famous person/family came into your workplace?)

So stop sucking sour grapes and going green with envy, i got what i got.
Ahem - You mean like you did regarding this "famous family" ;)[:0]

Although I can guarantee that nobody on this site particularly wants an argument, you have to understand that emotive phrases such as those you are using will generally invoke an equally emotive response.
#80551 by Decker
11 Oct 2005, 23:20
Actually 747340 if you want confirmation of how people view Nick's opinions versus yours you might want to check his respect rating versus yours.
#80556 by Decker
11 Oct 2005, 23:30
Feel free to continue posting your opinions but not if the quid quo pro is that you believe you have the right to launch ad hominens on anybody who expresses a diametrically opposed opinion to your own, let alone respected mods.
#80557 by preiffer
11 Oct 2005, 23:31
Point taken

Sorry for letting you know what my experience was never again,
christ you really know how to encourage people to leave their views!!!!

Never again!
Mark,

Please don't take this thread the wrong way. Your views and opinions (along with everyone else's) count, and add key value to the site as a whole.

The issue here is that people were questioning the validity of the complaint (and the severity of it) as a result of the reported compensation VS felt justified in awarding. I don't think anything was meant as a personal attack, but you have used phrases in recent posts that will have incited emotional responses (as I mentioned above).

Given that someone who loses their belongings in a baggage screw-up will generally be offered around £100-150 (for example), it DOES seem wildly disproportionate to offer such a high reward (bearing in mind that, perception aside, YOU did receive the service YOU paid for).

I'd agree that this is complicated when Mark Jr. is by your side, questioning why he/she can't have the same attention/gifts, but while requesting other people to understand your perspective, you have to be willing to accept theirs.
#80649 by VS045
12 Oct 2005, 18:58
Right, so here's the situation:

747340 complained about how another family recieved superior service to his own. Then, he, along with the advice of many others, wrote to VS telling them about how this happened right in front of his own kids etc. (as we all would have done). They then replied saying he could have a complimentary upgrade for his family on their next flight.
It's not his fault he recieved this service, although his comments have been a bit uuh..;)

Anyway, can we please leave this thread alone now!:D

Cheers,
VS045
#80651 by AlanA
12 Oct 2005, 19:25
My original comments still stand though.
he should goe to the press
>
>
>
>
>
and tell them what superior service VS are to BA when these problems occur :D[:o)]
#80657 by Scrooge
12 Oct 2005, 20:47
Well im sorry to say,but this thread has a kind of Malifix tone to it..

Having had the weekend to think about it,it seems to be a touch out of touch with what VS's normal routine is,now I could see and upgrade from coach to PE for ONE..but an upgrade for four to UC,I just don't see it.It 's hard enough to get an upgrade out of VS as it is,I just dont see them doing it.

On the perosnal comment side..

Just so the rules are clear...Im not allowed to make bad personal comments about people,so niether are you..when im allowed,have a free run,the mods here are good guys and do keep a clean web forum,unlike other sites,I know there are times when it seems they may be a little heavy handed (well I dont but to keep the peace I do)so take a couple of deep breaths and relax.

If you did in fact get the upgrade's,very cool,we are wrong,congrats,but play nice and be apart of the group.
#80667 by preiffer
12 Oct 2005, 21:36
For the benefit of new viewers of this thread, some items/replies may not make much sense as one poster has now decided to delete their responses.
Virgin Atlantic