This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#8497 by jut1702
18 Oct 2005, 07:49
Hi everyone,
This is my first post so please excuse my lack of knowledge [:I]
I am flying from syd to lhr in january with my sons aged six and two, and I noticed virgin mention an infant care chair on their site.
Does anyone know what these are ? or if anyone has used one before would you recommend ? The two year old has his own seat but I wondered if this would be beneficial.
Have only flown with singapore before so looking forward to my first virgin experience !:)
#81337 by Bazz
18 Oct 2005, 10:04
Originally posted by jut1702
I noticed virgin mention an infant care chair on their site.
Does anyone know what these are ? or if anyone has used one before would you recommend ? The two year old has his own seat but I wondered if this would be beneficial.

Welcome aboard jut1702 - we're very friendly here - unless provoked[B)]

We thought about using the infant chair on our last MCO trip for our, then, two year old but decided against it. It seemed more of a restraint device than anything else. Although it would have been useful for take-off / landing, there was no way she would have sat in in for the entire flight and there was nowhere to put it when not required.

Phil (Buffy)

{Sorry Phil I accidentally deleted your post but still had the text so reposted [:I] }
#81338 by Bazz
18 Oct 2005, 10:09
...It seemed more of a restraint device than anything else...

Phil (Buffy)

Phil, maybe the "Viva Las V-Flyer" crowd on the party plane should request one for mcuth to keep him out of the bar otherwise there might not be enough booze for the rest of the pax. ;)
#81340 by FamilyMan
18 Oct 2005, 10:32
Originally posted by Bazz
{Sorry Phil I accidentally deleted your post but still had the text so reposted [:I] }

Gratuitous post to compensate for Bazz's ineptitude :)

Phil (Buffy)
#81341 by Bazz
18 Oct 2005, 11:20
Consider myself severely chastised [B)][:0][:I]

;)
#81433 by mcuth
18 Oct 2005, 22:16
Phil, maybe the "Viva Las V-Flyer" crowd on the party plane should request one for mcuth to keep him out of the bar otherwise there might not be enough booze for the rest of the pax. ;)

I'll just get one of the CC to leave me a bottle or two...;)

Cheers

Michael
#81435 by honey lamb
18 Oct 2005, 22:21
Originally posted by jut1702
I noticed virgin mention an infant care chair on their site.

Welcome aboard jut1702 - we're very friendly here - unless provoked[B)]

We thought about using the infant chair on our last MCO trip for our, then, two year old but decided against it. It seemed more of a restraint device than anything else. Although it would have been useful for take-off / landing, there was no way she would have sat in in for the entire flight and there was nowhere to put it when not required.

Phil (Buffy)

Eeek! When I saw Bazz posting about "his" two year old I wondered if I had missed something until I got to his disclaimer at the end of the post! [:0]:D
#81440 by Edna Cloud
18 Oct 2005, 22:54
We used one of these seats for our then 18 month old. It is a better restraint for landing and take off than just a lap belt, and it also useful for raising a little one to a good height for using the tray table. We left it in the seat for the whole journey, but I would guess that if you needed to stow it for a while, one of the crew could help you.

Regards

EC
#81443 by jut1702
18 Oct 2005, 23:13
Hi guys,
Thanks for your replys,maybe I will leave my husband with the kids and just get myself an upgrade(a flat bed and massage sound good);)
Poor baz you make him sound like an animal [}:)]
Vegas sounds like its gonna be a blast ! Have fun guys !
#81459 by Decker
19 Oct 2005, 00:19
oh ok then - just for you we will [8D]
Virgin Atlantic