This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#81938 by sue Barter
24 Oct 2005, 00:38
Thanks fo the welcome Nick

Know what you mean about the Magic Dust that Virgin must spinkle...But there is always that feeling that you are missing something else...the opportunity to go UC!

Booked to go to Boston in December and we planned to travel outbound on PE and as a Christmas gift to ourselves a return flight in UC. Well the Internet bug took hold and I took a sneaky peeky at what you have avialable to you in the UC suite etc before and during flights.
SO We made the upgrade to UC. It was just that feeling that when you are in PE there are people getting just that little bit more than you are....GREEN EYED MONSTER SYNDROME

[:$][:$]

Anyway I bet you wouldn;'miss the opportunity to sneak an hour at the UC suite Bar if you could get away with it like myself...1 bottle of Chardy later!!!

Sue
#81953 by sky
24 Oct 2005, 10:48
Originally posted by slinky09
Believe me - book suites 1A and B. [:0]

Is that with the pilot? [:p]
#81998 by McCoy
24 Oct 2005, 19:08
Originally posted by sky
Originally posted by slinky09
Believe me - book suites 1A and B. [:0]

Is that with the pilot? [:p]
Actually, 0A and 0B aka 'Flightdeck crew rest' is rather uncomfortable. Small and claustrophobic space...
#82133 by JAT74L
25 Oct 2005, 21:15
Actually, 0A and 0B aka 'Flightdeck crew rest' is rather uncomfortable. Small and claustrophobic space...

I didn't think it was uncomfortable. Slept for 8 hours solid in it once and WITHOUT a nightcap!!

John
#82135 by McCoy
25 Oct 2005, 21:38
Originally posted by JAT74L

I didn't think it was uncomfortable. Slept for 8 hours solid in it once and WITHOUT a nightcap!!

John
Really? Crumbs.. I couldn't lie straight in there for a start, and with such a firm base there was no way I would have slept. Just as well as I could wander back to UC for a snooze.. after a few minutes on the flight deck for a chat and to catch up on the routing. (Yes, all pre-2003...!)
#82744 by sstolp
31 Oct 2005, 14:07
I find the Upper Deck much quieter than down below. And the dedicated staff and lavortories makes life much easier.
Virgin Atlantic