This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#8561 by MarkJ
22 Oct 2005, 11:18
I have just had a booking confirmed in UCS - my first time for a holiday next September to Orlando out of Manchester. Now all you old hands will maybe just roll your eyes but its mine and my mrs first time in UCS so we are dead excited.

My question is - when travelling as a couple what advice do others have regarding seats - I have read the seat ratings etc and currently have selected 6A and 6K - however - would it be better to be one behind the other - say 8K and 9K or similar - It appears that for some sleep, being away from the bar area is a good idea but it also looks like row 6 could be a bit claustrophobic?

Any suggestions from those who have travelled as a couple - or anyone else for that matter most welcome|!!!!
#81822 by buns
22 Oct 2005, 11:34
MarkJ

I am sure you will have a great time no matter where you sit[y]

Mrs buns and I tend to like to sit "line astern" (i.e. 8A & 9A) rather than gazing at one another across the aisle.

As you may read elsewhere, 6A&K afford a degree of feeling you are sitting togehter, but there is only little space between the teo suites and no immediate overhead storage,

Have a great time and try not to get too excited in the meantime.
#81858 by paul_a142
22 Oct 2005, 23:39
MarkJ

My wife and I are booked in 6A 6K in January to MCO. Never flown UCS before but I booked them because of the closeness basically. Will let you know what I think when I get back, but reading the reports I don't think it makes much difference where you sit either line astern or line abreast (not sure if thats correct navel terminology) just enjoy the moment.[y]

Regards

Paul
#82140 by Tim
25 Oct 2005, 22:18
Mark,
We flew in 6A & 6K to MCO this year.
As a couple we thought they were great, nice and close, nobody walking past to disturb you.
Downside is that you don't get an overhead locker, but not much of a problem, there is a large locker behind the bar, just in PE.

Enjoy your hols.... Don't forget the TR