This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#8591 by honey lamb
24 Oct 2005, 23:36
At the beginning of August I bought my flight to IAD which I am due to take on Saturday. At the time of booking (by telephone - no on-line booking miles for me [n]) I explained that I would be connecting from and EI flight and once I had booked it gave my details so that it could be linked with my VS flight. I do this with all flights with a connection time of less than three hours as for me it's a comfort zone so that if my earlier flight is seriously delayed they will know why when it comes to rebooking. Yes, I know it's EI's responsibility but i want to be certain that I will still get VS if at all possible.

As always the flight appears on the Update Booking page on the VS website and although EI710 becomes VS710 [:0] I have never had a problem accessing that page. For example, I discovered recently that my flight to IAD changed from a Suite configured 343 to a non-Suite 343 and subsequently amended the seating arrangements. All that changed last week. [:(!] For some reason I now get a "Page cannot be displayed message" whenever I try to access that booking but I can access my Dubai reservation, no problem. I contacted VS by email and was told as follows:

Having investigated, it appears your Washington reservation contains another airline's flights that have been added to your booking by a method we refer to as "passive segments". This just means those flights are shown in your booking for information purposes. Whilst there's nothing wrong with your reservation, I've been advised by our IT department the passive segments disable online retrieval

I have protested that this has not affected my being able to retrieve the booking up till now but I have been told that this is now the case - and what is worse OLCI is no longer available [:(!] This is a real blow as I was planning to use it on Saturday to expedite my journey through LHR to give me maximum time in the Clubhouse (and to meet some V-Flyers :D)
#82101 by mitchja
25 Oct 2005, 17:57
Sorry to here that Honey Lamb, you do seem to be having a rough time with your VS bookings recently [:#] [n]

You might still be able to do OLCI as you can still manually initiate OLCI by entering your PNR here on the VS web site...worth a try at least. maybe you might want to try entering your e-ticket number instead...actually that's got me thinking [i] can you access you booking by just entering your e-ticket number instead of logging into your FC account and then clicking your relavent booking. Your PNR will have both your flights in it but by just entering your VS e-ticket number - this might just take you to the VS flight in your booking [?]

Regards
#82116 by honey lamb
25 Oct 2005, 20:15
Nope! Didn't work [:(!]
#82122 by Nottingham Nick
25 Oct 2005, 20:28
I agree with James, honey lamb, you are having a real run of exposing the shortcomings of the VS bookings system... none of it deliberate and all of it out of your control [:I]

They should be paying a you a consultancy fee but, more importantly, surely this bug in the system is fixable? Now that the IT dept. are aware of the problem, I hope they do something about it.

Nick
#82143 by honey lamb
25 Oct 2005, 22:45
Originally posted by Nottingham Nick
I agree with James, honey lamb, you are having a real run of exposing the shortcomings of the VS bookings system... none of it deliberate and all of it out of your control [:I]

They should be paying a you a consultancy fee but, more importantly, surely this bug in the system is fixable? Now that the IT dept. are aware of the problem, I hope they do something about it.

Nick

The last missive from them (I'm on first name terms at this stage with them [:p]) states:

I do appreciate the inconvenience this has caused, though I can only advise you the information given by our IT Department. They are currently working to try and rectify this, though I can't guarantee a fix would be implemented in time for you to use the DIY Check In facility.

I won't hold my breath and yes I do seem to be having a run of misfortune with the booking system since I hit gold. Maybe it's a warning to go back to silver and that I'm out of my depth!! [:o)][:0]:D
#82166 by Edna Cloud
26 Oct 2005, 01:04
No, you're definitely a Golden Girl, you're just hitting a run of bad luck. Hopefully, the flight will go well in spite of the hassle.

Take care

EC
#82171 by McCoy
26 Oct 2005, 10:30
Originally posted by Edna Cloud
No, you're definitely a Golden Girl...
"Thank you for being a friend... du du du duuu.. travel down the road and back again... "

Sorry. :)
#82453 by honey lamb
28 Oct 2005, 18:56
WeeHee!! I'm checked in! [^][y][^][y]

Although the Update Booking page is still showing the "Page cannot be displayed" message and I had been told by the techies that in that instance I would not be able to do OLCI, some perverse streak in me [:I] made me want to try. Lo and behold up pops the check-in page with all its bits and bobs. A tippety-tap here, a clickety-clack there and I'm all checked in.

We intend to check our bags all the way through from ORK so with all that done it should be a quick run through LHR tomorrow! [y]
#82467 by mitchja
28 Oct 2005, 19:50
Great news Honey Lamb [y]

Have a fantastic trip :D

Regards
Virgin Atlantic